K&n

I wouldn't ever consider using one of those in a dirt bike. They flow a lot of air and pass a lot of dirt. Hold one up to a light and you can see the holes in it. In some of the street bike forums guys post oil analysis results that show very high silicon levels. Maybe on a track/asphalt Supermoto bike but elsewhere no thanks.

Friends dont let friends use K&N. Its the only filter i've used that passed dirt and that was on my pickup.

All air filters allow some percentage of dirt to pass.

K&N allow significantly more dirt to pass than conventional oiled foam filters.

K&N Air Filters

K&N air filters are actually pretty good, like anything else it depends on the application. They used to be popular with desert racers many, many years ago. I ran a K&N on my Can Am Flat tracker back in the 70's. If you are concerned with larger size particulates and want a hi flow air filter, they're great. I also ran a K&N on my 84 xr 350 w/ no problems. The light that you see through the filter will actually clog up with dirt, stopping most but not all from getting to the carb/ engine. When the filter looks like it's packed with dirt it will still allow air to get through w/o sucking all that dirt in. The only drawback is they let some water through, the wetter the conditions, the more you'll like a foam air filter. My (small) opinion, dry and dusty-yes. Muddy and deep water-no.

Does anybody know what K&N filter will fit my Wild 300 quad. Is there a cross over from a dirtbike that will fit my quad?

Thanks

air filter cross reference

If you're looking for a K&N for the 300 wild, check out a Dennis Kirk '07 dirt bike/ atv catalog, page 553 lists the 300 and a No Toil brand filter p/n 30-4146. Page 547 lists the Honda cr 250r with the same No Toil number and a K&N p/n 30-4059. These are Dennis Kirk numbers, not sure if it is an exact fit, but the part numbers are the same. Early to mid 90's KTMs and current
Tm have the same No Toil number as well. Let us know if it works.

I wouldn't ever consider using one of those in a dirt bike. They flow a lot of air and pass a lot of dirt. Hold one up to a light and you can see the holes in it. results that show very high silicon levelsoil In some of the street bike forums guys post analysis . Maybe on a track/asphalt Supermoto bike but elsewhere no thanks.
Those silicone levels kill you O2 sensors like right now!

If you're looking for a K&N for the 300 wild, check out a Dennis Kirk '07 dirt bike/ atv catalog, page 553 lists the 300 and a No Toil brand filter p/n 30-4146. Page 547 lists the Honda cr 250r with the same No Toil number and a K&N p/n 30-4059. These are Dennis Kirk numbers, not sure if it is an exact fit, but the part numbers are the same. Early to mid 90's KTMs and current
Tm have the same No Toil number as well. Let us know if it works.

Thanks for the info.

Back