Keep your secret trails a secret!!

Found a good reason to keep the new trails I have been working on a major secret. Can you imagine if this got out? They would shut this area down quicker then most of them can finish a 12 pack of budweiser. :eek:
There is six more of these grinding holes across from these.

Last edited:
At risk of sounding ignorant, what's a grinding hole?

I was wondering the same thing..

Round this neck of the woods the only holes we see are where old mate had his plants growing, or where the pigs have been rooting.

I'm guessing a grinding holes where the native folk used to grind their corn/wheat.. Rock on rock.. Like a mortar and pestle ala naturale`

I was wondering the same thing..

Round this neck of the woods the only holes we see are where old mate had his plants growing, or where the pigs have been rooting.

I'm guessing a grinding holes where the native folk used to grind their corn/wheat.. Rock on rock.. Like a mortar and pestle ala naturale`

correct jakobi.. we have them around here in palo duro canyon state park.. no off roading there for sure.. it would be so sweeettt...

Really? Did I give out specific directions? Perhaps GPS coordinates?
Any recognizable landmarks from the pic? Or maybe you just might stalk me to find it! :eek:

Actually, you did. You had location tagging turned on in your Motorola MB501 smart phone. The image you posted has the GPS coordinates in it!

ScreenShot2012-03-04at100254AM.png

LOL! Well all be damn! I'm man enough to admit my bad! Clever SOB! Problem solved! WOW, that is really spooky to know.

Perhaps TavisB is a sierra club mole???? :-)

Last edited:
Was going to say I'd read something somewhere about certain cameras adding meta data to images to record things such as dates, times, and places.

I couldn't have been bothered googling to see how to go about extracting it though :)

Watch out. A lot of modern cameras embed GPS info into the picture attributes unless you turn it off.

My bad, I see the warning was already posted.

It's called an EXIF viewer and can be added to most browsers, like chrome and firefox, to make the info super easy to find.

Back