Making the airbox breathe

Capz85

I'm thinking about cutting some holes in the airbox on my gasgas 300 supermoto I've heard the airbox is very restrictive, as these are enduro bikes I know people try to keep them sealed as possible to keep the dust out, but as I'm on the road only, so I'm thinking I can let it breathe a bit better, has anyone done anything similar??

Info and pics?

Ah thanks man, I'll look into getting a set of these.

Is anyone on here using these?

Or know where to order a set from?

Do you have any pics?

So these are not bike specific then? Just cut your own holes and add the mesh thing

Not bike specific, I put a bit of sealant around the lip. Check out twin airs web site the have these in round and oval. The round would be easier to cut. It seemed to wake my bike up a bit more, it definitely ran a bit leaner when I added the holes. We really don't get much rain where I live so I wasn't worried about water intake or any of that goofy submarine non-sense. LOL

Looks good, I've seen some called frogzskin for snowmobile a lot cheaper than twinair, also I can't really find any in the uk so will have to order from the US

After reading this I decided to try running my 01 300 without the air box 'side door', to see if it was a worthwhile mod. It certainly seems to run better with it off. I'm not sure if this means the airbox is restrictive, or I'm set up rich, but I can see some holes appearing some time in the near future!

tried to keep out of this. . . really I have.

With no lid there is still quite a lot of area to inlet. Surely the seat isn't that tight. It will be a lot quieter under the foam area. The noise from the side entry will make it sound like it breathes better & noise gives the impression of power. Holes flow really badly if that is all you have.

Pod filters are a mixed bag. Filtration aside, some good quality pod filters flow quite well. But woe & betide some of the generic copies on the market that will flow dreadfully & I've seen it time & time again on the dyno.

Yeah still cheaper than twin air, $12 for these unfortunately the postage to the uk is more than this :D but oh well

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 22
Back