Mc250 driving me crazy

Greenwood10

Can anyone help? I have a 04 mc250 that appears to have an electrical fault, tried every jetting combo ,spark plug, any advice on testing the stator , cdi etc would be appreciated :mad:

Gasgas mc

Hi , bike starts well,runs rough when cold ,clears as the engine warms . Then when you put any load on the engine it coughs and splutters then sometimes stalls . Will always restart easily then sometimes goes well for a little while, then plays up. I have tried every needle position, pilot jet and main jet. Gone through a few spark plugs(just elimination). Just pulled the reeds out and they are slightly open, will replace them.Uses a lot of fuel. Once away from the low end sometimes goes really well.
I have cleaned every electrical terminal/connector:mad:

Thanks marcus

I had an 05 MC 125 that was doing the same thing. It ended up being a worn cdi plug on the harness. I just dropped a couple strands of wire into each pin port of the plug to help tighten up the connection and the bike is still going today. Or you could buy a new harness.

Ok, change the reeds!
I don't think it is a jetting problem, check if the motor get's wrong air somewhere.
A friend of mine had a similar problem, and it was a loose contact in the kill switch.

Make sure you check that exhaust is not backed up in any way as well. Clean screen if you have one in your exhaust.

Wheelieman

Yo Marcus,you mention using alot of fuel.Says to me something could be wrong with the carby float setup/valve condition.Swop it out with one of your many other steads and see how it goes.brap.

Mc misfire

I have a fully qualified motorcycle mechanic coming around tomorrow , but I may have found something silly that I have done. The bike came with a twinair air filter system which has two separate filters , one fine one course. I have probably over oiled both causing over fueling that got worse has the day went on due to the filter getting dirtier . I will reassemble bike tomorrow and test. :confused:

Mc250

Just checked the peak voltage from the exciter coil and it reads 30 volts. Swapped ignition with ec 250 ,tested peak voltage 200 volts.i think I found the problem. Ye ha baaaaarp:)

Mc250

I have sent complete ignition away to get tested to find the problem with this bike. Have been informed that both the stator and cdi could be faulty. I will get the stator rewound and hopefully pick up another cdi. I have borrowed a complete ignition from a friends ec200 so I can go for a decent ride and get a feel for this bike.

Back