More gas on my Gas gas

FFRDave

I am sure there is a bigger Fuel tank for a 2005 EC 300, but I have no idea where to start searching. Also, I have read (a long time ago) about a smaller tank that fits between the fork tubes where the number plate would go.

Could anybody post up a link that could help me.

My 300 eats up a stock tank of gas after only about 35 miles of hard riding. I do ride in the sand. I am entered in a race with two fifty mile loops. I have to make it fifty miles, refuel, and go again. :eek:

Gran Prix Cycle in Albany Oregon has a large tank in stock.

(541) 926-3139

Another option. You could send your carb and head in to RB-Designs for less money than the cost of a new big fuel cell, and get better fuel mileage. I have not checked how far my new bike will go, but my '01 EC 300 would go 60 miles before I'd have to hit reserve. That was woods riding, or desert riding. That bike only had the head mod, which is $75. Well worth it.

Thanks Roostafish

I already had the RB designs head work done and I also have the plated carb intake and a 39mm bore-job. I am also running with the LTR powervalve cover.

The bike seemed to get better milage BEFORE the head work.

Should it have gone opposite?!? I asked for a Performance upgrade, and not a Gas Milage improvement. I assumed that with the increased performance that milage would be reduced. This should be especialy true with the carb bored another mm bigger.

Check your jetting and what gearing are you running. My stock 250s have done the desert 100 with the stock tank no problem and I know guys that have done it on 300s without issue. I'm guessing you're running super rich or the gearing is making you ride it wide open all day.

If you get a chance post up the jetting you are running, I ride all tight single track and never hit reserve in 55 mi.
At the desert 100 you should be able to to do a 50mi. loop easy.
Also check your your compression, if the rings are worn or the reeds don't seal very well, low compression will increase fuel consumption.

Yes, thats it guys !! Thanks

I already have the tank on the way, but the rich jetting is the highest probable cause of my gas milage issues.

I ride in the winter a lot, and one year I toasted my top end running in cold 20 to 35 degrees F) weather on "summertime jets". Now the weather is more moderate 45 to 60 degrees F) and its just eeeaating the gas like crazy.:eek:

I think my main jet is a 48 and the pilot is whatever came stock. I figured that the high RPM (main jet circuit) is the one that got me all burned up. Ive never burned a motor idling on the pilot. I only swap the main jet since I can just remove the sediment bowl to get to it.

I can rejet and install the bigger tank anyways. Maybe make the whole hundred on one tank.

All in good fun.... :D

you should be getting at least 55 out of the stock tank,the large tank will get you easily another 20-25 miles

Back