my first xc event

Diggs345

Gold Level Site Supporter
http://contour.com/stories/file0107--26

i placed 30th out of 70 in the morning group and 9th in the sportsman class in GBXC

not done anything like this before so wasnt sure what to expect , but not too bad for a first time lol.

my camera is playing up and battery went flat after only 7 mins :confused:

thank for the comments

after the first 3 laps i got a good pace going for the next 3 laps but then crashed into a fallen tree limb and hurt my hand and lost a couple of mins , it look me a bit to get my pace up again but then i started to get tired as im not used to riding fast for 2 hours:eek:, the last lap of 9 i was just hanging on :(.
it was a good experience though and im going to do a timecard next .
oh and danny mcanny got first in the experts , had a chat with him , top bloke , found out he now has my old 500 hybrid to use as a play thing:D

there is alo going to be a championship event at this place , eddy has been sussing it out , cant remember ifs it was a british or world event though

Nice video, Diggs. Looks like a fun track! Am hoping to do my first enduro soon as well, but as you say just dont know what to expect, balls deep and all that :D

Ad

Nice video, Diggs. Looks like a fun track! Am hoping to do my first enduro soon as well, but as you say just dont know what to expect, balls deep and all that :D

Ad

Just sit back and watch the others fly off , you will find them on the floor round the corner:;):D
Just take it easy and enjoy yourself , that was a long two hours , i know you cant tell off the video but there was hardly anywhere to get a rest , it was , whoops, jumps , ruts, and very steep decents , the only place was about a mile of fields and one of them was filled with whoops and had a big off camber to it .

Nice video diggs'y

good job for a 1st timer at least you broke your competition cherry with a decent result, best wishes for your next one ...you know you've got the bug now.

all you've got to do now is persuade the wife that going away every weekend is ok :D

How is the new machine ?? as good as you expected

Back