Nambotin triple clamp....help

redrider

Does anyone have any technical knowledge on the Nambotin steering difference to the stock bikes? Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

My 2011 Nambotin triple clamp doesn't have the same width taps for the bar mounts (off by about 1/8"....weird). So in order to run my Motosportz steering damper I swapped the triple clamp out with a spare base model 2011 EC 300 until I get another style dampener.

The Problem:
The bike simply does not want to turn like my other 2011 GGs...??? I realize the Nambotin Triple has the center lobe I can rotate to change the steering geometry, but is the Nambotin frame (at the steering neck) welded at a different angle? Is there anything at all different about the Nambotin frame compared to the Base model EC of the same year? I didn't have this issue before removing the Nambotin triple clamp.

I have no idea on the geometry you are asking about, but is the damper pivot centerline directly over the steering stem? That might change the feel (assuming all the related parts clear correctly with no drag).

How does the Nambotin stem offset the triple clamps? Does it move one or both crowns?

The Nambotin uses a different rear linkage which puts the rr end a lot higher than the std model Gassers of that era.

I have no idea on the geometry you are asking about, but is the damper pivot centerline directly over the steering stem? That might change the feel (assuming all the related parts clear correctly with no drag).

How does the Nambotin stem offset the triple clamps? Does it move one or both crowns?

Damper pivot is good. On the Nambo triple, I was talking about the offset when I said geometry ( I should have been specific ). KTMs have the rotatable steering stem, the Nambo triple has oval inserts in both clamps which pop out and rotate.

I didn't have time to make simple adjustments like moving the forks to change the trail. I have the sag set at 106mm before and after the triple clamp swap, and I have the forks mounted with 1.5mm showing above the top triple. It's possible the triples are of different width, meaning 1.5mm on each may be differnent......? Hope to tinker with it this evening after thinking a little more about it. The bike is incredibly stable in the straight so with the dampener it should handle some fork movment well enough.

I wouldn't imagine a different head angle weld on stock vs Nambo, but this had me wondering.

The Nambotin uses a different rear linkage which puts the rr end a lot higher than the std model Gassers of that era.

I hadn't considered the linkage (the Nambo I think has the 2012 linkage setup).
More tweeking this evening....

Back