Nate Ferderer Race Report Stone Lake

Mark Berg - CPD

Site Sponsor
8/17/14
Stone Lake, WI
D23 Harescramble Series
Nate Ferderer

Summit Lake Game Farm in Stone Lake, WI has been hosting enduro and haresccramble races since 2005. Events at this location have gained the reputation of being very difficult due to the rocky and rugged terrain in Northern Wisconsin. This harescramble was the 3rd event Summit Lake has hosted in 2014, an enduro and harescramble were raced earlier this year.
Thunderstorms lingered in the area, but the weather remained overcast and a cool 65 degrees during the 2 hour race. There were 11 racers on the AA line; my 300 quickly started at the drop of the flag and after a few corners I was in the lead. With a long 11 miles course, I knew a fast first lap would be important. I found my flow early in the race and began to pull away from the other racers. I used a setup very similar to the one I ran at the Grand Junction, CO National Enduro; the setup worked well on the slippery and rocky terrain. After lap 1 I had a 50 second lead, I kept charging and by the end of lap 2 I built a 2 minute cushion. I maintained the lead during the final two laps and crossed the finish 2:07 ahead of Dylan Debel and a hard charging JD Friebel.
Overall the day went very well. It felt good to win this race; I was shutout by JD and Dylan 5 races in a row at this venue and have not won a harescramble here since 2010. I?m looking forward to the final few races of the D23 Harescramble series as well as the National Enduro and GNCC events that I will be racing later this year.
Thanks to the support from:, Gas Gas Motos North America, Royal Purple Synthetic Oil, Checkpoint Off-Road, Moose Racing, 100%, Renthal, Kenda Tires, FMF, EBC, and Ryno Power Sports Supplements
After Round 6 of 10
1. Nate Ferderer ? 170 Points
2. Dylan Debel ? 149 Points
3. Kyle Nelson ? 131 Points

Back