needle positions cause and effect question

britishgas

i have the nedw clip 2 40 pilot 172 main if i drop the needle to clip 1 and up the pilot to 45 will this give me more low down power ?

It all depends..

Best advice is to go with a methodical approach and evaluate the effect of each change, one at a time. IE Go richer on the pilot first, does it improve one area? how about another? Then address. Make one more change, evaluate.

Changing multiple circuits at once will let you experience differences, but it will be harder to evaluate what did what.

Also, the NEDW is a very (VERY) smooth power delivery. It is pulling. It just doesnt "hit" or "pull" like some of the other needles.

Also, the NEDW is a very (VERY) smooth power delivery. It is pulling. It just doesnt "hit" or "pull" like some of the other needles.

Indeed. It does however respond very very well to the clutch if you require a big burst of power.

In comparison the stock needle ran so rich off idle that when it cleared it would feel like a rocket ship taking off. It wasn't so much that it was stronger, it just came to life more abruptly.

Back