New 2022 300 Ranger

Moto7man

For those of you that didn't know already, this is my new ride. Modifications to follow.:D

mOIahlSl.jpg
[/IMG]

Yeah, I watched that vid back when it came out. Sounds like a modern day KDX only with some very notable upgrades. Plus, like the KDX, you can wick up the power if you wish.

Please give us a full ride report once you get some time on it!

I will as soon as I get her setup finished.

Last edited:
Ohlins SD 571 Damper On 2022 Ranger

I have an Ohlins SD 571 that I bought for my 2011 EC 300. I put GPR 4 on my 2011 and it has been great so I never installed the Ohlins. So, does anyone know if this will fit my 2022 Ranger? You remove the top steering head bearing and install the SD 571. If nobody knows I will pull the top triple off and measure it next week.

Last edited:
Dumb Question

My bike was delivered without the carb choke cable. The lever was there on top of the master cylinder but no cable. I ordered a new factory cable and it fit the lever perfectly and I snaked the cable through the triples and under the tank and to the carb without any problem.

My question is do I need an additional part to connect the cable into the carb after I remove the standard pull knob and choke?:D

Still Dumb Question

My bike was delivered without the carb choke cable. The lever was there on top of the master cylinder but no cable. I ordered a new factory cable and it fit the lever perfectly and I snaked the cable through the triples and under the tank and to the carb without any problem.

My question is do I need an additional part to connect the cable into the carb after I remove the standard pull knob and choke?:D

I have been checking the GasGas parts diagrams and I can't find the plunger part that allows me to hook up my new choke cable at the carb. Any ideas? Any info?

Pre Race Ranger Build

rZ7y436l.jpg
Just a few quick observations.
Prior to buying the ranger, I had only seen pictures of the bike and I wasn't really thrilled with the black frame. The bike looks a lot better than the pictures, the black frame seems to have a small tint of grey as well.The white plastic looks good and fits very well.

The build quality is excellent. I love my 2011 gasser but some of the odds and ends could be quirky but the fit and finish of the ranger is first rate. The airbox is excellent and has no tools access, you just pull the side panel off and the filter is right there. On the my 2011, you had to pull the seat, reach under the battery box and search for the rod that holds the filter, then on reinstall line up that darn rod with very little space to move around.

As you can see from the photo, you can yank off the side panel and pull off the filter in just a few seconds.

Adding a Radiator Fan

I added a Spal Fan with a Tusk switch with a manual override and an inline fuse.

CZ97VKRl.jpg

JMEI8JUl.jpg

HjMkl4Gl.jpg

Lithium Ion Battery

M15k73ml.jpg

Another pic of the airbox and airfilter access.

Lowering Link

Here is a picture of the lowering link.

ugSzza1l.jpg

65dYMs0l.jpg

Rads are easy to access.

BlstSbpl.jpg

t4oOAH0l.jpg

I pulled this huge muffler off and installed a spark arrestor screen. There are four hex bolts at the front and 4 rivets at the back. I just pulled off the hex bolts, drilled out the rivets, installed a wire screen with some jb weld and reinstalled muffler. Just a note, all of the parts and hardware are very nice, its kinda like a Honda. I will try to post some picture of the screen tomorrow.

kVKIrMwl.jpg

Last edited:
Back