New 2022 300 Ranger

Is the screen USDA approved? Not judging, just asking.

I live in MT, and really worry about starting a fire and liability. I know that two-strokes don't throw sparks, but i can't imagine the hell there would be to pay if someone was found to start a fire because of a lack of a spark arrestor, or lack of an approved spark arrestor.

Your bike looks great. I tried to buy one in 2021, but none were in the west. Bought a TM instead, and waited months for a spark arrestor-equipped silencer (Pro Circuit - too damn loud.) It didn't matter - MT was under exceptional drought that year, and any off-road activities other than agriculture were banned. I couldn't ride anyway, so no great loss there.

Good luck with the rest of the build.

My 2011 Gasser has an FMF spark arrestor silencer.My three other bikes I installed screens in the stock muffler. They do make a small insert that fits in the end of almost any muffler, it is stamped with the USFS certification.Just go to www.fischmoto.com, they look nice and only cost about $100.00 and they just bolt on in a couple of minutes.

Progress So Far

kgRPLUxh.jpg

Tubliss Front

Tubliss Rear

Polisport Engine Guard and Clutch Guard

Polisport Clutch Guard

dxHbK1Yh.jpg

I have never used these before on my other bikes. Its an easy install on the clutch side, there are two longer bolts in the kit and just be careful with tightening them up. I didn't have a problem, but it was hard to get a good feel,just be careful.

Just take the two brake mount bolts off,slide the brake pedal back and away a bit and the cover will slip right on.

Engine Side Protector

SD8mGush.jpg

About the same process as the other side, you have to hold the shifter down with your hand to place it into position. Other than that fairly easy install. The parts appear to be high quality.

Acerbis Front Brake Cover

zr4idiWh.jpg

This bolted up just fine with out any problems. I got the disc guard and mount on sale, $49.00 incl free shipping.

Rear Tubliss

gkDsF8jh.jpg

Rear Tubliss was fairly easy to install. When I wear out the Michelin tires I will probably go to a Mitas. I have two new ones sitting in corner of the garage.

arVnhYgh.jpg

Trailtech Voyager

eE6MsXQh.jpg

I removed the stock display and mounted a trailtech voyager with the protector. One nice thing is the Ranger came with pickup on the front disc and front electric connector that plugs directly into the trailtech, just plug and play.

Last edited:
Trailtech GPS Cable

Trailtech doesn't sell the gps cables any more but they sent me a link at amazon. This cable was about $15.00

8kmfK89h.jpg

Last edited:
J Mount and Garmin Etrex 22X

rRUV1c2h.jpg

I installed the garmin as a back up in case my voyager goes dead on me out in the boonies.To add this I removed the cross bar from my renthal handlebars. One other thing, look carefully at the throttle cable, shouldn't that cable be routed in front of the triples and back under the tank?

Bike is looking sweet!

On that throttle cable, a buddy got a new MR300 and his cable was routed the same. Seems really odd to me and, if the cable is long enough, I would reroute it.

Bike is looking sweet!

On that throttle cable, a buddy got a new MR300 and his cable was routed the same. Seems really odd to me and, if the cable is long enough, I would reroute it.

Ok, I might try to reroute it. Thanks. Does anyone know where I can get an aluminum skid plate? I think a 2018 or 2019 gasgas skid plate would work and a used one would be just fine. I bought a new one but it is on backorder.

I know it's not aluminum but TM Designs and AXP Racing have "plastic" skip plates available. I actually prefer them over the aluminum as they are quieter and actually let you slide over rocks and trees instead of dragging across them. I put a TM version on my '11 EC250 and it has proven much better than the aluminum one I had on there.

I know it's not aluminum but TM Designs and AXP Racing have "plastic" skip plates available. I actually prefer them over the aluminum as they are quieter and actually let you slide over rocks and trees instead of dragging across them. I put a TM version on my '11 EC250 and it has proven much better than the aluminum one I had on there.

Thanks, I had seen those.Would you go with the 6mm thick std MX model, or the 8mm extreme model?:D:

I replaced the stock cable with the Motion Pro and it was a HUGE improvement over the stock cable. was a couple inches longer so I was able to route it in front of the bars.

Back