New BMW off road 450

bmw has husky now ... they'll mess around with this 450 a bit more and then transfer what ever engineering works to husky and be done with the woods bikes.

Thats what got me looking at the BMW, I am interested in husky TE310 but they are 8 grand. For about $500 more I can get a bmw 450. What appeals to me is that they are street legal. I am not a racer and i would be nice to be able to ride to the relativly tame trails we have around where I live.

bmw has husky now ... they'll mess around with this 450 a bit more and then transfer what ever engineering works to husky and be done with the woods bikes.

looks like he has it sorted now.I know they had reliability issues at the Aussie 4 day.Maybe next years model would be the one to pick up?

Ultimately, the market will decide what BMW does. IMO, BMW wants an equivalent to KTM's EXC in their line up. The Xchallenge was BMW's first attempt, but wasn't much of a success. If the 450X doesn't pan out I don't believe BMW will ever re-badge a Husky for that purpose.

Back