New GG owner and a few questions

SS109

Been a member for a few years now while researching GG bikes and hoping one day to have my own. While I just can't swing the cost of a new one, yesterday I finally got myself one, an '05 EC250! Seems to run very well but has definitely seen some rough riding as evidenced by the rough plastics and such. I will be using it to race in the AMRA race series here in AZ this year instead of my '90 KDX200.

So, in preparation for this, other than the regular maintenance and suspension tuning, I want to get it looking nice again. I plan to get all new red plastics for it and would also like to get some replacement GG decals. I found the Outlet Enduro Red sticker package at motocrosscenter.com and it looks like it would make it look pretty close to a stock bike. Does anyone know if these graphics are meant to be used on red shrouds? The pic from their website makes me think they are on black shrouds??? (http://www.motocrosscenter.com/ecommerce/product_info.php?cPath=667_670_540&products_id=19936)

Also, the toe on the shifter has some damage and I was thinking about replacing it. What options are available? Is there another bike the shifter interchanges with?

Last question, for now! How long does it take to get an order in from motocrosscenter.com? Our first race is Oct. 25 and I would like to have my bike ready to rip and looking good before then.

Any help would be much appreciated! Oh, I guess a pic of my ugly duckling EC250 is in order!

WP_20140930_001.jpg

There has been an older gas gas floating around Phoenix for a while now. Seems to change hands a lot and seems to increase in price every time some one sells it. I don't think it had a large tank on it however.

Ah, I see. He told me he took this one in trade along with an '01 EC250 and '01 EC300 from the same guy if that helps narrow it down. I would love to know, good or bad, any history with my bike.

Doesent look like a bad buy at all! Should go with a newer style shroud IL upload a photo of mine with newer shrouds these bikes are very interchangable

Doesent look like a bad buy at all! Should go with a newer style shroud IL upload a photo of mine with newer shrouds these bikes are very interchangable
Nice looking bike! I haven't seen any of the newer shrouds available by themselves. Anyways, I'm now thinking about going ahead with one of the 2011 conversions. I definitely like the looks of the newer style plastics.

Back