New to action cam

Rod Overstreet

Platinum Level Site Supporter
OK guys...I'm very new to the whole "action camera" thing. Just got the new Drift Ghost-S camera and want your opinions on....

1. Wind noise is unreal on the audio. How do you capture the sound of the engine while riding but without all that whistling, and wind noise?

2. What editing program do you recommend for a novice?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Rod

For sound, I found on one of my cameras that a dab of silicone over the mic opening really helped. I don't know the configuration on your camera, so maybe a piece of tape over the mic is a good place to start.

For editing, I found that Windows Movie Maker is free and easy to use. You import your file and the software breaks it up into chunks. You can modify each chunk, or just drag and drop each chunk onto the timeline. Then it's a matter of playing with transitions and cute comments leading into and out of sections on the time line. Pretty simple and it's free. It might even be installed on your computer already.

For sound, I found on one of my cameras that a dab of silicone over the mic opening really helped. I don't know the configuration on your camera, so maybe a piece of tape over the mic is a good place to start.

For editing, I found that Windows Movie Maker is free and easy to use. You import your file and the software breaks it up into chunks. You can modify each chunk, or just drag and drop each chunk onto the timeline. Then it's a matter of playing with transitions and cute comments leading into and out of sections on the time line. Pretty simple and it's free. It might even be installed on your computer already.
Thank you sir, I appreciate the information!!!

I'm not familiar with that camera, but you might be able to adjust the gain if there's any software that came with it. My guess is it's cranked up, though that doesn't make much sense given it's application. Check their website...could have some info there, or a user forum.

I've been using Adobe Premier for years and it's a fantastic app. It's also typical Adobe - steep learning curve. They offer Premier Elements and this is much easier to pick up, it's also substantially less $$. If you're looking for something with more "power" than Windows MM, then this would be great. Any chance you have access to a Mac? iMovie is a great free app that comes with the O/S, better than the Windows app IMO.

Good luck...looking forward to the first vid!

Back