New to me EC 250

OKFiremanMark

My name is Mark and I am a 37 yr old intermediate rider. I just purchased this EC 250. Seller said it was a 2000, but after I got it home and did some looking on this site, I think it is a 1998. ( vin starts with VTREC2598) I really wasn't looking for a gas gas, but am glad I found it. I had not owned an off-road bike in a while, and was just looking for something to ride trails and single track here in Oklahoma. (no racing) I have taken it out twice now and am very happy with its performance. Very smooth and controlable power, light weight, easy starting. I think it is easier to ride than my brother's crf250x. of course i have aleays liked 2 strokes. It may be a little soft just off idle but it comes on strong without a huge punch when it gets into the powerband. Very predictable. What impresses me is that i can follow my son around on his crf 70 without any problems. The motor is able to idle around in 1st without loading up or overheating. I am happy with the suspension, even though the upright marzocchis are not exactly high tech.

Attachments

• gas gas 1.jpg
    gas gas 1.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 60
  • gas gas 3.jpg
    gas gas 3.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 62
  • right motor.jpg
    right motor.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 50
  • left motor.jpg
    left motor.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 53
From the look of the glassbeading of the cylinder, it's probably had a replate and a new piston installed recently. That motor is counterbalanced and should run real smooth.

My name is Mark and I am a 37 yr old intermediate rider. I just purchased this EC 250. Seller said it was a 2000, but after I got it home and did some looking on this site, I think it is a 1998. ( vin starts with VTREC2598) I really wasn't looking for a gas gas, but am glad I found it. I had not owned an off-road bike in a while, and was just looking for something to ride trails and single track here in Oklahoma. (no racing) I have taken it out twice now and am very happy with its performance. Very smooth and controlable power, light weight, easy starting. I think it is easier to ride than my brother's crf250x. of course i have aleays liked 2 strokes. It may be a little soft just off idle but it comes on strong without a huge punch when it gets into the powerband. Very predictable. What impresses me is that i can follow my son around on his crf 70 without any problems. The motor is able to idle around in 1st without loading up or overheating. I am happy with the suspension, even though the upright marzocchis are not exactly high tech.

i saw that bike for sale.. lookd very nice.. i sent him a message it was not a 2000... congrats and welcome.. if you ever get over this way let me know, we will show you around..

WOW! You scored big time...Counter balanced motor, 50mm Zokes, Messico pipe and silencer......toss on a skid plate and your ready to roll!

Nice find...good luck....with the new steed!

Thanks guys, I feel pretty good about it. The only issue I have found after 2 rides is that a trickle of fuel runs out the overflow sometimes when it is on the kickstand. Float is probably set too high. Definitely looking for a good set of handguards.

Thanks guys, I feel pretty good about it. The only issue I have found after 2 rides is that a trickle of fuel runs out the overflow sometimes when it is on the kickstand. Float is probably set too high. Definitely looking for a good set of handguards.

I have a set of Acerbis Rally guards in red, still in the package for standard size bars. If u want them p.m me.....I'll make u a heck of a deal.......

Back