New to the GASGAS world and need tire advice

Stormy

As my post says. I am new to the Gasgas world.
Just purchased a 2006 300EC and would like to know about tire sizes.
I am running a Pirelli Scorpion 90/90/21 on the front and need to know if I can put on a
Pirelli Scorpion 140/80/18 DOT on the rear.
Currently there is a Mchelin Trial Competition Tire on the Rear - DOT 4.00 R18 which I will most likely take off due to the amount of road riding between sections I wll be doing.

I have heard different information like only go as high as a 110/100/18, is this true.

Can anyone recommend the proper size for me, especially the rears

Thanks in advance,

Dave, aka Stormy

Dave. For riding in SCF, put on a 130/80 Michelin S12 and enjoy the bike. I also like the Pirelli MX Xtra 110/100-18. Dont go any bigger.

As my post says. I am new to the Gasgas world.
Just purchased a 2006 300EC and would like to know about tire sizes.
I am running a Pirelli Scorpion 90/90/21 on the front and need to know if I can put on a
Pirelli Scorpion 140/80/18 DOT on the rear.
Currently there is a Mchelin Trial Competition Tire on the Rear - DOT 4.00 R18 which I will most likely take off due to the amount of road riding between sections I wll be doing.

I have heard different information like only go as high as a 110/100/18, is this true.

Can anyone recommend the proper size for me, especially the rears

Thanks in advance,

Dave, aka Stormy

Hi mate and welcome, I use the Pirelli tyre, they are a great tyre off road but I have found they wear quickly on concret and a tad scary in the wet lol
Size wise I use a 140 or 120 on the back
What type of riding will you be doing ie enduro, trails etc
The are loads on the market maxxis, metas(z) just to name a few

Grant

The bike will be more responsive and handle better with a smaller tyre. I've run 110/120's on mine. Prefer the 110 on the 250 and 120 on the 300. Always Dunlop MX51's.

the standard tire is a 140/80 18, FIM spec. Not sure where you are based, but here in southern africa we don't run the FIM spec tires and generally run MX type setups. (FIM has a limit on the length of the knobs to 18mm (i think) max, which is why they seem to go for the wider tread.

in terms of overall profile height, the 140/80 is 112mm (width is 140mm) which is basically 2mm larger than a 110/100 which is 110mm (width is 110mm), so there will be no noticeable gearing changes.

It has been a while since i have run FIM tires, but from others i believe that if you are not a spinner the FIM tires work well (which is why the likes of Chris Birch run that format) if you are aggressive and spin go for the MX config. i would guess the width will have an impact on the cornering of the bike, but not sure

What i can say is whatever you go for fit Tubliss ;-)

Back