Nissin Front Brake weak

'18 Novvy

Hi all,

2018 EC300 - Looking for tips on how to improve the stopping power of my front brake. I only bought at 50hrs and have done 15 of my own. I'm sure when I first rode the front brake was strong but now it definitely can't do a stoppie.

The brake lever can be firm but two fingers will get it to the bar. I assume when it's working right there's a firm limit to the lever travel?

Things I've tried:
  • Bleeding with stop/go technique
  • Rebuild front master cylinder
  • Bleed full line of fresh fluid with vacuum bleeder
  • Push pistons back a few times, to get any bubble into the main line

So far I haven't had a major change in brake strength. What am I missing?

Install a braided brake line. It's a common complaint on some Nissin systems. Also, change to a more aggressive brake pad compound.

Install a braided brake line. It's a common complaint on some Nissin systems. Also, change to a more aggressive brake pad compound.

I think the 2018 EC300 already has a braided line? As all other (at least relatively modern) Gasgas enduro bikes?

What type of brake pads and disk do you use (question to the OP)? Is it the OEM parts?

Resurface the disc with wet and dry, then new pads decent type. Probably glazed but can just get unusable. If ever forks have leaked that would also kill pads.

replace pad pins if any grooves.

The mastercylinder can wear so bad that a rebuild won't work, but mine is an 07 so that's forgivable, at 50hr shouldn't be an issue.

One thing people always forget is the master cylinders seals need replacing every so often too. I change brake fluid annually as it is hygroscopic and most manufacturers give a four year replacement interval on all rubber parts of a brake system.

Back