Ohlins shock bushing kit

sam097

Hi all. I bought a pivot works bushing kit for my 05 ec250 pn: PWSHK-G01-001. Kit claimed to contain parts to rebuild upper and lower shock bushing. Well, its here and it looks like it only has parts for the lower bushing. I googled it again and I see different pictures of kits on ebay with the same pn as mentioned above...some show 2 bearings/bushings, 4 seals...some show 1 bearing/bushing , 2 seals., and 2 stamped washers...all ads say they rebuild both upper AND lower bushings and advise NOT to use the picture as reference as to what you are buying. Has anyone ran into this??? Also, the upper bushing looks like a hunk of rubber inside 2 metal pieces. Does this get replaced to an upgraded spherical bearing like the lower end link? Thanks...I'm kinda pressed for time to get this back together.

The kits I have bought only contain the stuff for lower mount. I once ordered the stuff to do the upper end, after I replaced it the shock fit on the bike the same as before I had messed with it. Id not worry about the top mount and just do the lower.

Thanks for the reply PEB. I'm going to call them up and see if they will send me another one. If anything they need to get the wording changed from upper and lower to upper OR lower. So does the bushing for the bottom also work for the top?

Bought it from flyncycle and they offered me another one at cost or one other item at cost. It seems to be a problem on pivot works end from some recent restructuring in the parts department. Beware if you buy the pivot works kit it only has ONE bushing in it...even if it shows and states two.

Back