OTHG (Over The Hill Gang) MX

Rick

This summer I decided to race some MX....well kinda...The OTHG is the lagrest VET MX racing organizations out there. OTHG started in So.Cal and has grown into 5 different chapters across California.

Everyone racing must be at least 30 years old, classes are broken up into age groups, pretty much, race what you brung type of deal! Several different race classifications, from newbie to master, which some are old Pro MX guys!

It's a great time with safety and fun being the main goals!

A few weeks back we had a race at Metcalf park in San Jose, CA. I race in the 52 Novice class.....

Here's a few clips from moto 1 & 2! I'm on my YZ125....

Enjoy!

Moto 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-xRzxEFLNM&list=UUlfGJBwgwBcW3-6Le2gOhWg

Moto 2 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUm_so00bs0&index=2&list=UUlfGJBwgwBcW3-6Le2gOhWg

I finished moto 1 with a 3rd, moto 2nd with a second. With an 2nd overall for the day.

Nice Rick!

Were the two guys you passed about half-way through the first vid lappers, or guys that slowed down?

Sounded like you were the only 2T out there - bet it was a blast ripping around that track on the 125 - bike sings :D

Watch the 2nd one in a little while - something good for a break this afternoon :cool:

Nice Rick!

Were the two guys you passed about half-way through the first vid lappers, or guys that slowed down?

Sounded like you were the only 2T out there - bet it was a blast ripping around that track on the 125 - bike sings :D

Watch the 2nd one in a little while - something good for a break this afternoon :cool:

We had 3 classes on the same start gate. 52 Novice, 58 Novice and 58 Intermediate. So we all started together. In the second moto 52 Novice was a second gate. They dropped the gate for the 58 guys, then raised the gate for the 52 Novice.

We use Mylaps transponders it keeps scoring simple.

I'm the only guy on a 125, there are a few 250's smokers, but most guys are on 450's.

Last edited:
Back