Parting out my low hour 2002 gas gas

jran

*********Everything is now Sold***********I recently had an exhaust valve snap and take my cylinder head out of service. As all of you know Gas Gas is a great bike, but pretty expensive fix. This was, or is I guess, a 2002 FSE 400 EC. I have compared parts numbers for much of what is listed and A LOT of the parts are transferable to the 2 smokes and newer year models. Here is what I have, I will also be listing some of the smaller stuff on Ebay in a few days. Please let me know if you are interested at all. I am willing to work on the price. I have to sell enough to get another gasser. I will put some pics here but please let me know if you want more, I have a ton. Shipping costs will be the buyers expense I do get a discount on FedEx through my work and shipping is pretty affordable.

Front and Rear Wheels: $250 for front and $300 for rear.
These are 21" and 18" They are in great shape and the bearings are in good working order.

FMF - Q exhaust less than 100 hours $225
The sticker is scratched up but the exhaust works great. It adds low end and more HP has the spark arrester, plus it looks great! $325 new
FMF.JPG

43-mm WP inverted forks $125
These are in great shape! the front axle is included. Only thing wrong with them is that the seals need to be replaced. No dings or damage. Trail and street ridden only.

2002 red Plastics $85
Headlight and tail light included. I have a crack on the rear fender that I fixed with zip ties, it has not split any more since. There is also some wear as the kickstand hits the side number panel. Other than that great.

plastic.JPG

Complete Wiring Harness and Electronic Fuel Injection $575
speedo computer, EFI throttle body and system, fuse box, regulator, all controls, start and shutoff button, switch board, throttle grip/cable, ignition coil..... everything I see in the spec book but the lights and turn signals. Note that I had the EFI taken in and remapped never had a problem since.

wires.JPG

Radiators, water hosed and Cooling Fan $200
The radiators and cooling system is in great working order. I do have a dent in the side (seen in pic), but I have had this bike out running in Moab, UT (very hot) for several days and never once boiled over. I have never had any problems with them.

radiators.JPG

Parts Engine $300
As mentioned, the cylider head is munched up and the top of the piston has seen better days, other than that the bike only had about 150 hours on it. The cylinder will need to be honed but should be good, the clutch is still good, Crank case, entire bottom end. All still very good, well taken care of. You will also be able to use most of the valve assemblies (springs, tappits, shims...) many pics available if needed.

2002 FSE 400 Frame $200
It's all still nice and shiny, even where the boots wear. I know it also fits 2003 not sure of other years.

Avon Distanzia dual sport tires $85
Little wear on the tires. I have ridden the in both dirt and street, as has my buddy gas gas rider. Both of us were impressed at the handeling and traction on both surfices. New this set would run you $89 front $109 rear.

Battery $25
My stock battery went out and it took me forever to find a battery small enough but still strong enough for this bike. (the '02 400 was hard to turn over). gofasters wanted $160 for theirs. This one can be bought new for about $50. This is a great battery with absorbed glass mat technology. Only a few months use.

Fuel tank $100
This has the top feeding EFI system. All innards are working great. Standard capacity tank still in great shape. almost new. Picture attached to this post.

Thanks for looking. Let me know if you have any specific requests. I will keep everyone aware when I start to post smaller items on Ebay.

Attachments

• tank.JPG
    tank.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
update

I have commitments for the wheels and forks. Still lots of stuff left, Make me an offer. Thanks

im superinterested in the headlight if it is h4 style bulb and dot housing i'm also interested in battery and battery box.

Parts Update (everything sold)

I have still gotten a couple messages asking for parts. I have actually sold everything. Thanks to everyone.

Back