possibly needs rejetting

Olliesherman

today i did my first big ride on the gas gas on enduro track and after riding in the woods for 5 mins or so very low revs in tight tricky sections when i came out on the staights i had to clear it out again every time before it would rev through cleanly like the plug was fouling up with the low rpm stuff

Right took my carb apart I've got a 180 main and a 35 pilot in there and the needle was on the 3rd clip down from the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just going to assume the needle is one of the stock offerings.. N1xx or similar. Try it in the #2 position (counting from the top of the needle).

I had to run my stock needle in the #1 position. It really is worthwhile trying Suzuki and Yamaha needles if you're ready to open a whole can of worms.

NEDG, H and W needles and their NECx half-clip counterparts are a blast. Depending on which generation and size of Keihin you have will determine what diameter you ought to start with.

The Yamaha N3 series are quite popular too but I never could get it to feel very exciting.

It's a 2009 300 and it's got a screw top on the carb not bolt on type. How do you tell what needle you have mine has no marks on it at all

Looked at my needle again today. It's defiantly not got a mark on it at all. But it does have a blue mark on the top not sure if that means anything

I'll let you know today I haven't riden it yet as when taking the clip off I dropped it haha took 4 days for a new one to show up

Curious about the results. A lot of guys like the JD Blue on the AS1, and it seems quite a few end up in #2 position to boot.

Well I took it to a Mx track so wasn't really the best to see if I have cured my problem. When I next do some wood/trail riding I will let you know if it's improved

So, i dont want to start a new thread,but have some questions on my jetting, its and EC250 -12 ASII

Right now im running:
CCK #3
Air/fuel :1,5 turns out

160m above sea level (~550ft??)

And it sounds like this, does it sound ok or do you think i should try rejetting it?

https://sendvid.com/l2i413if

Back