Rekluse Core EXP

Hey Steve

Ive had mine now for about 6 months
my override almost completely disengages when warm or hot , but to be honest it has never been a problem for me , the amount of drag is so very little , that after a few rides i didn't even notice it was there
i can coast with out it engine breaking
What oil is Victoria running ?
i don't run the synthetics , Ive always found them to be TOO sticky
i run the Auto Trak that Dave F has been selling and running for years , and Andrew tells me my clutch and plates always look great
Like i said , stock setup , 6 months use and never an adjustment to date and the clutch still look great and the plates had 6 months use on them when we did the conversion
maybe that's it , the plates need to wear a bit to get a little thinner
i love my EXP , and cant ever see myself without one , now that i tried it

I think we figured it out. I pulled out the Rekluse and we went for a ride last night and found there's air in the clutch line. Looks like we'll get it bled then should be good to go. Thanks for the suggestions.

Just a suggestion but I have best results at 1.4 turns out, I use ATF Red fluid and it works great. No adjustment needed.

I just put in an Core EXP(read:my husband put one in my bike for me-he picked it up and couldn't wait!), set up as spec'd by the factory.
I had a Z start pro in my '08 KLX 450r- loved it but the clutch feel was so light it always felt a bit wierd(pretty much used it as an anti-stall).
The Core EXP has really nice clutch feel- seems to be about the same as stock to me,I think it is allowing me to go into corners faster and smoother. The anti stall aspect is perfect- just what i wanted. I am a short woman and sometimes get myself in situations where if i stall i'm worn out by the time I get out of it-the Rekluse Core EXP (or Z-start pro) really evens out the field for me since i ride with tall guys.
The only thing i've noticed that i don't quite like is a bit of creep at higher rev's when the clutch is pulled in while in gear. Rekluse tells us a couple of good rides should make this go away- I'll see this weekend, I'll also be riding much tougher terrain and will test it better.

Back