Rekluse delete?

Has anyone ever tried to go back to a regular clutch from a Rekluse? The bike I bought came with a Rekluse. I like it ok having never used one but have found I have less clutch control than I would like. There is no feathering the clutch. The lever must be all the way in to engage. Is that how they usually are set up? Obviously I don?t have any original parts to go back with or springs to adjust it. What are the odds of finding a stock clutch pack or should I try to get some springs and fine tune the Rekluse?

My 07 came with a rekluse. Not a fan of it. I have the parts to switch mine back. Just haven't had the time to do it yet.

How is your clutch override? That?s my big issue, if I can get it to work with about half pull of the lever I?d be happy.

Clutch stuff

I think I have a complete 2011 manual clutch in a box in my garage somewhere. When I got my bike in 2011, I pulled the stock clutch off including basket,plates,springs etc.

I do have a stock clutch I got from a guy on this board. After looking and talking to Rekluse it seems that most of the parts from my clutch can be reused for their core manual. Pressure plate is main difference. Also have to take out the exp. Yesterday I decided to re-adjust the free play gain. According to the guy at Rekluse needed to reduce it. I was measuring a little over 1/4?. I now have about an 1/8, and also adjusted my lever. I now can get override at about 1/2 pull of the lever. I am pleased, gonna give it a go for a while.

Back