Remove Reeds To Install Lectron Carb?

BLD

Hello,

I am looking into switching to a Lectron for my 3013 XC300. I have done a bunch of reading and I know they are a few mm longer than my stock carb. Has anyone had to remove their their reeds on a GasGas 300 in order to fit like Lectron?s site suggests? It seems like they addressed the throttle cable issue I have read about here, and I like that I can keep my handlebar-mounted choke lever.

Thanks

Don't need to on my '11 and it is more packed together tighter than the '12+ bigger framed bikes.

Good to hear. How do you like your Lectron? Did you have to trim the rubber boots at all?

You must NOT remove your reeds!
Perhaps they are talking of the reed spacer block installed on some (all?) 300s.

I have a Lectron on my 2015 EC200. I bought it for the 06 EC200 and carried it over when I upgraded to a newer bike.
The installation is as easy as it gets, as long as you have a proper throttle cable. I use the long version of the Motion Pro KTM cable.

I do not use the cable choke on the Lectron, cable chokes are known to give some trouble over time. The choke knob is a litte hard to reach, but no real problem.

Thanks for the reply! I have not removed my carb or reeds since I bought the bike used a year ago, not sure if I have a removable spacer. The dealer I found it at actually did a great job jeting the bike for my average temp and alt. The problem is when the guys call me with no notice to go ride in different places. I have no other jets, so I just adjust the clip for temp and then air/fuel...

I had not heard about the lever choke causing problems, good to know. If the bike is always fueled right I guess it wont matter. I use mine on cold days sometimes to help the bike settle back to idle (gets lean at lower revs, main has always felt a little richer).

Back