Replacement Fork Options for 2010 ec300

BenjahNZ

Hi all,

Anyone know of any souce for new fork stanchions or complete fork conversions for the 2010 ec300?
I've recently taken on a project restoring a 2010 ec300. All going well except the forks. The fork stanchions are toast with the black coating mostly worn off.
The forks are 48mm sachs type with the red outer tubes.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

I don't know where to find parts for the Sachs. You might try Les at LT Racing as he might know.

Honestly, on fork conversions, you can swap about anything you wish on there.

I don't know where to find parts for the Sachs. You might try Les at LT Racing as he might know.

Honestly, on fork conversions, you can swap about anything you wish on there.
Good to know that there are many options for a fork conversion. Are there favourite doner forks or recommendations?

We did a mate's 2010 and just took small skim out of triples. Used complete YZ front , wheel brake etc, which made it easy.

The 48 sachs forks were ok at best. I spent a lot of time trying to get them right, but it was always a case of getting one situation working fine and the rest not. As mentioned i purchased some kyb sss from a yz, skimmed a bit off the top tripple only, and then used everything else gasgas with a bracket for the larger disk, machined spacers and a modified yz axle (sketch below ).
There are multiple threads on here to use for assistance.
Screenshot 2024-10-18 084017.png

Where are you dude? If wellington i can suggest Carl from Cemac in petone to skim, but any old school engineering shop.

I'd seriously revalve the forks as mx bikes are designed for dropping out of the sky, where we want to track over muddy tree roots.
KTech tech will have enduro spec on file and makes SSS awesome for nz conditions

Check tardme wrecked bikes. Perhaps search YZ250f as the go pop and should have sss from 2006 on. Check to be sure. 450 will need lighter springs. .

Last edited:
Back