Snapped frame on wild 300

case-racing

Ok so i broke my frame the other week racing Moto X and im not sure what to do, it snapped just above the swing arm mount on the right side and it broke on a diagonal so what do i do ? , I dont want to scrap the bike but im not entirely sure plating it will hold properly.

Cheers
bill

There was a frame on ebay sometime ago,not sure if it still is.Its got to be repairable,these quads are to rare to part out.

Take it to a good welding shop in your area. They should be able to fix it and reinforce it. FYI- Discontect your CDI completely before they weld on it.

gasgas frame

cheers guys, im going to fix it and use it for general riding, The old girls had a hard life and as you said rare bikes shouldn't get parted out. Just means ill have to buy another race quad. :D

If you get it welded correctly and reinforced, it should be stronger than it was before.

I would strip it completely bare. Inspect the entire frame, then proceed to repairs. If there's any other weak spots...the reinforced part of the chassis could cause stress & possible damage at some other point. Reinforce all possible weak spots(damaged or not). Your already spending money on one repair. Might as well try keeping it at one repair.

I had my frame crack in the same area when I was racing mine in local GPs and WORCS, I had it welded and put a small piece on to rienforce it.
When reassembling I noticed that the frame was stressed in at the pivot bolt, so I put a shim washer on the right side between the frame & swingarm. No problems after.

Back