so my rear hub is screwed need help??

spooly

my hub is screwed the new barings I put in last week broke down after 3 hours the spacer must have chewed into it all tho the spacer seemed good the spacer is the more likely culprit. .anyhow have I to buy a rim designed just for a gas gas or will other rims fit???

the spacer is too small a common fault. .a slightly bigger spacer needs to be made from a stronger metal. .when I tightened the axle nut it tightened the barings against the hub instead of tightening them against the spacer..the spacer should slightly push out the center of the barings...i was told this by an old pro who ust to ride for gas gas in Spain and guess what he only lives 10 min from my house and whats even funnier he owned my bike before the guy I bought it off..small world! ! lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yes you have to have a gasgas wheel. Why not just buy a hub? Or a used wheel?

The older spacers are hard to tell the right way to put them in so when I did my first change I marked the outside.

I'm selling a complete set of wheels with the older U-rims if your interested. They are set up for the newer axle size and have tight bearings.

Yes you have to have a gasgas wheel. Why not just buy a hub? Or a used wheel?

The older spacers are hard to tell the right way to put them in so when I did my first change I marked the outside.

When you say "spacer" are you talking about the washer between the bearings or the actual "spacer tube" in the middle of the hub?

If the spacer tube then I was not aware that there is a wrong way to out that in.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say "spacer" are you talking about the washer between the bearings or the actual "spacer tube" in the middle of the hub?

If the spacer tube then I was not aware that there is a wrong way to out that in.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the spacer in the centre of the hub had decreased in width from ware and because there soft shit...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

My bad I thought you were talking about the washer thingy between the bearings.

And the center spacer goes in ether way.

The wheels are in Nova Scotia, Canada. I would let them go for $400.00 for the set plus shipping. I would ship with out tires of course to keep the weight down.

Looking for either a entire rear tire or hub - cross reference

I truly enjoy my GasGas EC250 (2006) it is rather indestructible, but apparently I have had an issue with my rear hub for a little while now and it is completely chewed up.

I am trying to avoid having to ship a hub or tire, and would like to find something locally, if possible. Do any any other brands cross reference to the GasGas rear tires?

I truly enjoy my GasGas EC250 (2006) it is rather indestructible, but apparently I have had an issue with my rear hub for a little while now and it is completely chewed up.

I am trying to avoid having to ship a hub or tire, and would like to find something locally, if possible. Do any any other brands cross reference to the GasGas rear tires?

This is a post from one of our members on Thumpertalk. This is a GasGas Cross Over thread. Here is the link http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/966595-gasgas-enduro-cross-reference-and-source-for-parts/

bowhunter007

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

If you own one of these older Gassers, do yourself a favor if storage isn't an issue. In my family, I got an '01 XC250, '03 EC250, & '01 SE300. All share many chassis and engine parts. I keep a '95 KX250 in the corner to rob parts off of, periodically. '94-'98 KX250 has many interchangeable parts for the older Gassers. I just purchased the '03 EC250. The jetting is way to lean for my riding conditions. The Kawi carb is the same, and has fatter jetting for where I live & ride. If all goes well, some minor tuning will have me back out riding with a nice tan plug. My KX is normally a running, rideable bike. So far, I've taken its brakes, rear plastics, carb, and the rear wheel currently resides on the XC250(w/54t sprocket, to account for the 19" wheel). The subframe and airbox can also be used on a Gasser.

note: I do put the KX back together, so as to keep it alive, once I receive the parts for whichever GG I'm working on.

My latest addition

I have thought of grabbing a new wheel and basically keeping the old one for parts. If I invest in the new wheel, nothing more, anything else breaks down, I will just sell the bike for parts.

what exactly is happening to the old hub?

Back