Spewing Gas

thebeav

2007 EC300 2 stroke.
I have a problem where gas "pours out" of my overflow tube when I lean the bike on its kickstand after riding. If I stand the bike straight up the flow stops. Any ideas what's wrong? My riding partner calls my bike the "Exxon Valdez"

2007 EC300 2 stroke.
I have a problem where gas "pours out" of my overflow tube when I lean the bike on its kickstand after riding. If I stand the bike straight up the flow stops. Any ideas what's wrong? My riding partner calls my bike the "Exxon Valdez"
Set your float level, so it shuts the fuel down sooner. Probably 1 or 2 mm at most would do it.

Common. Give it a small adjust. Its a bit of a small envelope. If it leaks when leant over a bit more than on stand but not when on it you've got it right.

It also helped on mine to make sure that the carb is rotated so that it is more straight up and down.

It also helped on mine to make sure that the carb is rotated so that it is more straight up and down.

This.

But mine still leaks anyways when not running. Doesn't seem to leak when on judging by the great mileage I get, lack of gas smell or sign of leaking. They do seem to be prone to do this more so than others.

Back