Stiff throttle

gassergrant

Since I've owned my GG it's all ways had a bit of a stiff throttle, I've changed the cable now twice and throttle tube, tried routing it differently to no success
Any ideas maby spring the housing, lube

Cheers grant

Check to make sure the return spring in the carb and the white plastic guide are seated properly.

The stock carb spring is pretty heavy. On my 200 there was a lighter spring around the fuel hose between the tank and carb. I used that in the carb and its a much lighter throttle pull now.

Could be worn bushings in the throttle housing too.

Is your throttle tube clean and free of burrs? Removed from the housing, does it spin freely on the handlebar? I use a very light synthetic grease made for bicycles in the throttle housing and on the bar under the throttle tube. I assume you lubed the cable of course.

Sounds like something is missing in the throttle as there was nothing in the center of the disc
I made up something to go in its place a while back, think its time to replace it

Gmp I have done all those at some point but thanks for the info

Cheers grant

Sounds like something is missing in the throttle as there was nothing in the center of the disc
I made up something to go in its place a while back, think its time to replace it

Gmp I have done all those at some point but thanks for the info

Cheers grant

there should be a brass insert in the center of the ''disk''

OK, if your missing that brass bushing, the plastic cover will collapse on the wheel and bind when tightened, causing your problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back