Stock GG bars - CR High, Windham or KTM low?

CombatYoga

Gold Level Site Supporter
I am going to replace my bars and handguards, and want to go with Twisted Engineering's composite setup.

Their choices are CR High, Windham, or KTM Low.

Does anyone know what bend the stock bars are on the '14 GasGas XC300R?

I'm comfortable with the ergonomics and don't want that to change.

I'm also leaning towards the least amount of flex - I don't really have problems with arm pump. Mainly going with these bars for the weight savings. Interested in any opinions on these bars and flex as well.

Thank you!

I believe they are the 997 bend which is the RIcky Carmichael, stock Honda bars. The Windham would be the closest of your choices.

I looked at the twisted bars as well but, I read too many horror stories of the bars breaking off and splintering in hard crashes. One of the guys I ride with on occasion has them though and he hasn't had any trouble yet. So IDK?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Memphis! I read that whole stinking thread too - it was really informative but I never found a definitive answer to the bend question.

I'm glad I read it though - I cut my bars down so narrow that my controls can't go in any further. I see that picture of nambo-trev's bike with the bar mounts almost touching in the middle and that looks like a problem to me. Making me rethink things...

Ive been using the KTM low bend twisted engineering bars and I love the bend. They have very little sweep. I'm 6'4" so I run tall risers with a Scott's sub mount.

Thanks Memphis! I read that whole stinking thread too - it was really informative but I never found a definitive answer to the bend question.

I'm glad I read it though - I cut my bars down so narrow that my controls can't go in any further. I see that picture of nambo-trev's bike with the bar mounts almost touching in the middle and that looks like a problem to me. Making me rethink things...

I gave you the answer to your bend question. The Windham bars are the closest bend they offer compared to stock. Go to Renthals website and look at the twin wall bars. It has the measurements right there and you can compare them. Like I stated earlier your GG has a 997 Carmichael/OE Honda bend bar on it now.

Also when you get your new bars I will buy your stock ones if you want to sell them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've seen plenty of aluminum bars broken as well. Supposedly the TE bars are stronger than aluminum bars. I suppose it depends on the bar it's being compared to but I have a friend that works at Boeing as an aerospace engineer working with composites and his opinion was that the composite bars probably are stronger.

I guess what it comes down to is that anything can break in a crash. I'm riding faster than before with the TE bars and they are definitely lighter than my Flexx bars. The Flexx bars are way sturdy though. You'd have a tough time breaking those.

I ended up ordering the Twisted Engineering bars/guards in Windham with 1x flex.
Will post up some pics and a review after I get them on.

Back