Tall seat

Dave A

Anyone using a tall seat?? I would like a slightly taller seat to make standing and sitting a little more comfortable. When i have the bars set so that i'm comfortable while standing they are slightly too tall while in sitting position. Enduro Engineering has one available and i think Guts makes it for them. Guts also has the foam in 3 densities. Soft, medium and hard. I recall a few years back the Guts foam made the seat look like c-ap. I'm trying to decide if the medium or hard would be best. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Dave A

Anyone using a tall seat?? I would like a slightly taller seat to make standing and sitting a little more comfortable. When i have the bars set so that i'm comfortable while standing they are slightly too tall while in sitting position. Enduro Engineering has one available and i think Guts makes it for them. Guts also has the foam in 3 densities. Soft, medium and hard. I recall a few years back the Guts foam made the seat look like c-ap. I'm trying to decide if the medium or hard would be best. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Dave A

I have a tall/soft seat and cover in stock. PM me and it can be on the way to you.

Steve

I've ordered a EE tall seat from GG Pacific. After riding a friends orange bike equipped with a EE tall seat, I phoned to order one as soon as I got home.

Steve, does the tall cover look similar to the OEM cover?

J

The EE cover has a pocket at the front for the nose of the seat and a steel grommet at the rear for the hold-down screw. There is a little square embossed EE logo at the rear sewn onto the cover. There are no seams along the top, and the material is a fine diamond pattern, mostly that you've seen on KTMs.

Oh, and it's black :D

Just has my first ride with the EE tall seat. Its nice, and a definite inprovement over stock for my lanky frame. The foam is made but Gutz. While it is a "soft" foam, I'd call it more of a medium. Definitely firmer that my buddies EE tall soft KTM seat. Install was easy, required a pneumatic stapler.

One thing I'm not impressed with is there is hardly any foam at each end of the seat. The nose of the seat, gas cap end, is paper thin. I'm concerned about the staples poking through the foam here and going through the seat cover. Have a look at the pics and you'll see what i mean

Attachments

• DSC03069.jpg
    DSC03069.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC03070.jpg
    DSC03070.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC03071.jpg
    DSC03071.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 162
I went with the EE tall/soft foam and new cover. The thing I was looking for was a little more width at the top of the seat. The stock GG seat was rubbing me raw. Comparing it to my old KTM seat, it was definitely narrower at the top. I'll be trying it out next weekend at a HS. Hopefully no more severe monkey butt.:o

picture.php

Here is a pic of my 300 with the tall soft Guts.

My GUTS is made of very good quality but I don't like the @cordura front side area...medium or hard I don't know but all I know is that seat is really TALL and suit right for me

DSC01212.jpg

The tall/soft EE seat is working well for me. My knees thank me everytime I stand up and my butt thanks me when I'm seated! When you hit the big 60 you neeed all the help you can get. I'm staying with the theory you don't quit riding 'cause you get old, you get old 'cause you quit riding!

Ride On!

This is an older thread, but I'm new to GGs and the website, but I've been making my own seats for years. I am only 6'2" but have a 36" inseam and bad knees. I recently added foam from an exercise mat I had laying around to my seat. I made it taller and wider, and used an old cover from an XR 600 which had a huge wide and tall seat. I simply ductaped the foam to the old seat and added the cover. I ain't putting pics up, cause it was too damn ugly! But it is comfortable as heck. While I was at it I made a little hump in front and back of where I usually sit to keep me in place.

If anyone knows where to buy peices of gripper seat type material, I'd sure like to know. I have used EE and Guts seats, and they are great, but I like even taller and wider so I just usually make my own and save some $.

Back