The toy !

bonkeye

Well its taken a while and cant afford a real 2011 SixDays 300 so made the old 2000 model 300ec banger to look as good as it can get on a budget.

Well its taken a while and cant afford a real 2011 SixDays 300 so made the old 2000 model 300ec banger to look as good as it can get on a budget.

I like it! Did you have the frame powder coated for painted? At least you know what you got;)

cheers guys..... frame is sprayed with hammerite from a spray can and i just used the FMF for a 2000 model and made a bracket to make it fit the 2011 subframe

Very nice job!

It just goes to show just how good those bikes were when released. How many '00 KTMs do you see being restored and upgraded?

With my 2000 Gnarly & TC2 silencer the silencer sat at more of an angle (tipped up) than yours.:confused:

did you bolt the can to the subframe? i made a bracket for mine, its the second ive done as the first the tyre was rubbing the side of the can but its all good now just needs cleaning up and painting

did you bolt the can to the subframe? i made a bracket for mine, its the second ive done as the first the tyre was rubbing the side of the can but its all good now just needs cleaning up and painting

The top of the end or tip of the silencer would contact the black part of the fender extension. I had to cut, fit and weld the stinger/pipe portion of the silencer to lessen the angle of it. It now bolts up to the subframe in the stock location with only needing a billet spacer on the front mount. The spacer is used due to the 2000 silencer having offset mounts, not inline mounts like the subframe. The spacer also moves the muffler out some for tire clearance. It's hard to tell the silencer is not oe now. I don't understand why my silencer fit so different from yours?? My bike was a super nice virgin and nothing was sprung or tweaked. Thanks for for the bracket picture.

The '00 FMF didn't even fit the '00-'06 subframe that good either. It wasn't the bike. As the Messico stuff fit fine.

Back