throttle cable hits tank

geoff g

I am having trouble trying to set the carby to sit level as the throttle cable hits the tank and there is not enough room to turn it around...I have also just broken the cable trying to slightly bend the outer tube, why bother setting float level if you cant get the carby in the right spot ...anyone else having this problem or is it just me ?

sounds like you might have the wrong cable on there to begin with,the stock cable has a nice bend to clear the tank

I am having trouble trying to set the carby to sit level as the throttle cable hits the tank and there is not enough room to turn it around...I have also just broken the cable trying to slightly bend the outer tube, why bother setting float level if you cant get the carby in the right spot ...anyone else having this problem or is it just me ?

I know you'll be able to guess what I'm about to say... but I'll say it anyway:o

yes, my bike has the same issue as you've described, although I've not broken my cable (yet!)

also the fitment of the carb to the inlet/airbox boot is shithouse on my bike, it's a real PITA to get a nice fit. IMHO it is because the stock reedvalve assembly on the 200 is smaller/thinner than the v-force units on the 250/300 and without any allowance in the airbox boot length to compensate the 200 suffers from a poor fitting carb

what to do...I'm not sure just yet, but I'm thinking an adjustment of the airbox mounting may be the best option (I'll let you know if I can get a good result from my tinkering)

Cheers

Wino

Back