Throttle sticking/binding

SS109

While test riding my buddies MR Pro the throttle stuck wide open. It was the only time on this ride that I went 100% full throttle. It scared the hell out of me for a second but luckily I handled it and didn't end up crashing. I think I caught it on video as well.

Anyone have, or have heard of anyone, having problems with the throttle cable on the '18+ bikes? I couldn't get the desired free play on the throttle even after adjusting both adjusters fully in. It seems the cable is just a tad too short, IMO, and maybe that pulled the slide up so far that it hung up just a bit. I know it isn't the throttle tube assembly that's the problem.

I really want to find the cause of this as I don't want my buddy, nor his bike, to get hurt.

I run motion pro as cable end adjuster fixed. Or safely wire both ends so they can't jump out and hang up.

Very scary. But I'd offer another possibility.
Dirt scratched the needle. That can damage the needle jet. I've had it happen and it kills needle twice and almost me. Pull clutch and who cares has to be attitude.
Had to fit needle jet tower to fix damage. Tiny Scratches on needle will be the Tell.

Ok, carb looks perfect even under a magnifying glass and cable feels smooth. Of course, I kind of expected this as the bike only had 30 minutes of run time when I took it on the ride. It was literally a brand new bike. Still don't see what caused the issue so I'm ordering the new cable and hopefully, once installed, this problem won't ever come up again.

Back