Timber Mountain racing

gasgasxc

Here is some good racing down in Southern Oregon if you like fast paced woods racing.The mountain they are racing on has a lot of different terrain depending upon where you are on it.This is the 30A class.
The bike is a Husky 125,makes a nice charge then gets tired and a little off his game,but some great battles in here.Towards the 17 minute mark you can see the 40A guys start rolling through the 30A class.Its good stuff check it out.The Open A and AA guys are long gone.Keep in mind the race is 3 hours long at this pace,this is just the first 20 minutes.Its a 2 day race,they race the course backwards on day 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SSbfc7WXabU

This was my 14 year old sons second time racing. He had a good time. On Saturday he followed some riders off course and ended up crashing on a steep downhill. Ended up with the bike on top of him and the kick stand was threaded thru his chest protector pinning him. The guy camped next to us just so happened to be the one who found him. Interesting stuff watching the GoPro footage of him trying to get the bike off of my son and my son going with it because he was caught. Had gas all over him and took him over an hour to get back up the hill to get back on course. Needless to say he DNFed that day.

Sunday he was at it again. Only a couple of miles into it he came across a downed rider. He asked if the guy was ok and the reply was no. No i'm not ok. He stayed with the rider for a few minutes until a chase rider came thru. Then he ended up running out of gas at around 38 miles on his Husky WR 250. We regularly ride 60+ miles out in the desert without hitting reserve. It was really hilly and he rode up a gear so he worked the auto clutch a bunch is my guess. He put it on reserve and milked it for 3 miles to the next road crossing where he got some gas. At the end he got 4th place in the 250 am division. Not to bad for his second race and what a story he has to tell for his bench racing years.

Good for him stopping and staying with the downed rider until help showed up.Winning is the least important thing...Earlier they learn that the better the rider-racer they will be.

Love the guy in suspenders at the 3:00 mark:D. Old school Oregon enduro rider!

Great pace! I'd be pooped after 10 min.

Just west of Medford Oregon.Contact the MRA they have been putting this race on for 50 years.Good camping and down home folks.Make sure you stay a couple days after the race.There is alot of riding down there.Youll mostly have the place to yourself after the race.

Back