Trail Tech bike computer

sammyj18

Hey Guys,

I bought a Trail Tech bike computer from Gofasters and just got around to trying to install it. I was wondering if someone who has this computer can post a pic of exactly how the sensor is mounted to the caliper. The instructions show it on japanese and KTM's, and I have an idea how I want to do it....just wanted to see a pic of someone elses work before I drill.

This is the last thing I have to do to my 03 200 and I'll post some before and after pics.

Thanks!
Sam

Put down the drill and back away from the motorcycle. :D

The caliper comes stock pre drilled and threaded for a sensor. I don't have a pic handy but with a little inspection of the caliper you will see it.

Roscoe

Hmmm ok im feeling like kinda a dummy but I cant find any predrilled hole that is the right size. Here is a pic of my caliper maybe it is not the stock one?

its some kind of broken plastic part that was in there when I bought it....I'm guessing maybe it was from some kind of disc guard the previous owner had?

Sam

You may want to try and remove it carefully. I think that is your sensor hole.

probably the original cable,try to get it out gently,maybe you can thread a sheet metal screw into the plastic and help back it out,may want to gently heat that area a little,might help it loosen up

sammy,
The stock GG sensor is plastic. I put a Vapor on my 04 300, but I used the stock sensor, I never removed it from the caliper.
The supplied sensor from trail tech is way too short to reach through the GG caliper. I have pictures, but can't, for some reason attach them. I take it your bike did not have a stock speedo set up?
My 03 has the old style round speedo, the pickup point is on the rear caliper.

Mike.

I have the TrailTech cable on mine and it works fine. The hole I refered to above is the sensor hole. As Fury said, work the broken piece out gently.

eff,
The Vapor I received was for a KTM even though I ordered for a GasGas. Do you remember which brand of bike yours was for, and how long have you had it?

I have a Vector for the KTM OEM. It is a Vector and I got it last year. In a Vapor it would be Model 75-101 (Mine was an 85-101 for the Vector.)

That one is supposed to be mounted on the fork guard. I would see if you can exchange it for the KTM OEM one.

Ok guys I still need some help installing this pesky Trail Tech. Apparently the speed sensor that was originally shipped to me was the wrong one...intended for honda XRs. So Trail Tech shipped me a new one which I received yesterday. It has a straight end that fits in the predrilled hole in the caliper......the problem is the sensor end is threaded and the hole on the caliper is smooth. So how do I get the sensor to stay in the hole? Use JB weld? I have to use that anyway to glue the receiver to the rotor. How did you guys do it? Do i still have the wrong sensor?

Thanks,
Sam

Sounds like the right sensor. I'm more confused about your bike. All I did was unthread the stock sensor cable and thread in the new Trail Tech sensor.

This is what I would do in your shoes. 1) Tap the hole, or 2) if the diameter is too large to just tap, put a helicoil in.

Actually the diameter of the sensor end is smaller than the diameter of the caliper hole...so the sensor kinda floats in there...not real bad just slightly wiggles. Will a helicoil still work in that situation?

Thanks,
Sam

Back