Triple clamp diameter

BrandonEc300

Does anybody know the id of the upper and lower triple on the 2018+GG/rieju mr
I’ve acquired a set of kybs from an 08 250f to swap onto my 06 ec300. I know that the yz triple is an easy swap on but I’d rather keep it gg if I can.

Why throw money at it? Better to keep it for a revalve if your riding is more trail than mx orientation. Made wonders on mine and sss were great forks for single track after.

Mine is from page 3 with pictures. As below. We get there and results are better than expected

Last edited:
Does anybody know the id of the upper and lower triple on the 2018+GG/rieju mr
I’ve acquired a set of kybs from an 08 250f to swap onto my 06 ec300. I know that the yz triple is an easy swap on but I’d rather keep it gg if I can.

So, let me see if I have this straight... you have the 45mm Shivers on your '06 and want to swap to '08 KYB 48's but want to use '18+ GasGas/Rieju triple clamps, yes?

Personally, I think they will fit (GG KYB clamps/Yamaha KYB forks) but I really don't see the point in buying GG/Rieju triples. Easiest way to find out is have someone with the modern GG/Rieju measure the forks where they go in to the clamps and compare that to where the Yamaha forks would mount in the clamps. If I had my buddy's '22 Rieju here I would do it for you but, alas, I don't.

So, let me see if I have this straight... you have the 45mm Shivers on your '06 and want to swap to '08 KYB 48's but want to use '18+ GasGas/Rieju triple clamps, yes?

Personally, I think they will fit (GG KYB clamps/Yamaha KYB forks) but I really don't see the point in buying GG/Rieju triples. Easiest way to find out is have someone with the modern GG/Rieju measure the forks where they go in to the clamps and compare that to where the Yamaha forks would mount in the clamps. If I had my buddy's '22 Rieju here I would do it for you but, alas, I don't.
Yeah im replacing the 45mm zokes with the 08 kybs but would rather to use the 18+ gg/reiju t clamp over the yz clamps if possible. If the 18+ t clamps are 56mm top and 59mm bottom the 08 kybs will bolt right on. I’m just finding conflicting info on the id of the top clamp whether it’s 54mm or 56mm and would some confirmation on its size

Why throw money at it? Better to keep it for a revalve if your riding is more trail than mx orientation. Made wonders on mine and sss were great forks for single track after.

Mine is from page 3 with pictures. As below. We get there and results are better than expected at the end.

Long thread
The bike is an 06 with thousands of miles at race pace, the zokes are roached beyond belief. It's just not practical to put any more money in em(needs bushings and seals). They’ve worked great for nearly 2 decades but it’s time for an upgrade. Also for some reason maybe it’s just me but I can’t open that link you sent.

Ah, sorry, site was changed, but I found it with search here so can't explain that (?!).

I explain, on another posters KYB thread how I fit SSS on my old 07. This is a good endeavor. Lose the shivers.
I used YZ clamps and bolt and weld on blocks for steering stops. Just thought it would be cheaper for you.
Unless they are cheap for some reason.

The upper bearing was a YZ one. I needed a Braking brand caliper bracket to line the disc up.
I loved the result after revalve.

I went from 48 Sachs to KYB SSS and only had about 1mm shaved of my top triple clamp. measure your existing forks, and see if there is enough meat on the existing clamps to have them machined thinner.
I also had a yz axle and wheel spacer machined to match my GG hub as i did not have a yz wheel

Yes, got distracted but remembered I used the YZ axle and turned a couple of 22(?)mm spacers. Equal on both sides.
I had to fit bigger ID bearings in gasgas wheel.
07 Triple were not big enough to skim.
On my mate's 2010 they were so we (paid to have that done) took out 1mm all round and he just slotted the YZ front, wheel brake and all in place.

I used the Yamaha triples, but GG wheel. Had to make spacers for the front axle plus a 10mm smaller brake disk to avoid using a non-standard caliper bracket.

When I did the KYB swap on my 2011 GG. I just swapped the entire YZ front end. Wheel, triple clamps, caliper and forks.

Back