TXT 280 Pro 04

Rcolling279

Hi, my first post about my first trials bike. My TXT 280 Pro 04 was starting to cloud up a bit in the oil viewing glass so I replaced the water pump shaft and seal. At the time, I replaced coolant and gearbox oil (Putoline GP 10). Now that I've put it back together the clutch is dragging slightly and there is oil dripping out of the overflow pipe from the left side of engine. I used 350ml of oil so it's not like I over filled it. Any advice on why it is losing oil and why the clutch is suddenly dragging would be much appreciated???

For the clutch drag put in some GM Autotrac transfercase oil. Everything else I tried in my 02' 280 Pro made the clutch drag. As for the oil coming out? I don't know about that one. The oil you put in seems better suited to an enduro bike.

I have a 2002 TXT 280 and dislike the clutch drag. Will be changing the gearbox oil asap. Thanks for the tip guys

Have any of you had the "dreaded" problems that the 2002 Pro was known for? Mine has been fine but I have limited history on it. I can say that the magnesium cases were a bad idea!!!!!!!

I have a 2002 TXT 280 and dislike the clutch drag. Will be changing the gearbox oil asap. Thanks for the tip guys

You'll still have drag as that is how the clutch is designed to operate to keep the drivetrain loaded. That way its less jerky in the super tech stuff. It'll be much more manageable though.

Back