V-force 3 reeds

IDAHOSPUD

For 2009 gasgas EC300, what are the reeds petals required? Are they the same as a honda CR250, do they cross over. Thanks

Thats one to remember.. I think I got stung $150 crazy last time I ordered through the local dealer.

Which year hondas are they for?

How do you remove that plastic wedge from the inner reeds?

It says you use a small screwdriver and lever them out. Looks really easy in the documentation. In reality it was a horrid job that had me cursing. Persistance saw me come out alright. The plastic wedges weren't really reusable. Good thing they send new ones with the reeds.

Thanks for the help, I went to my local dirt bike shop (Moto One) they called MOTO TASSINARI and they made sure he had the correct part numbers, They ordered, and i got them 3 days later. $52 plus tax. HAppy

So I took a peek at my V Force 3 reeds and I could see slivers of light thru the upper and lower reeds in the upper right lobe. I took both out and flipped them over thinking they would seal, but no. Time for replacement?

So I took a peek at my V Force 3 reeds and I could see slivers of light thru the upper and lower reeds in the upper right lobe. I took both out and flipped them over thinking they would seal, but no. Time for replacement?
You could run a line of masking tape across the top of the reed block under the petals where the petals clip on to the block to tighten the petals towards the block closing the gap but if there chipped change them..

I tried the tape trick with no gain in closing the gap. Researching the issue isn't much help either. Kind of like oil or tires, opinions vary wildly. I still don't know whether a small gap warrants replacement or not.

Not much of a gap, and no chipping or cracking

IMG_1502_zpsu50aexm5.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1504_zpswu04kcxn.jpg
[/IMG]

Just so you all know My v force reeds were shot on my 08 ec .I also have an 08 yz 250 and the v force fit on the ec also

hello guys,
I have a GG EC 300 which from what i read here on the forum should be 2008, my vin code is: vtrec3030j0180123, the production year in my register document is 2010 but according to the vin decoder, it is 2008.
I also have to change my Vforce3 reeds palets and I wanted to ask you if on my bike the 3P682M fits too?
I want to know what exactly should I be searching for to buy.

Check motocrosscenter.com they have them.

I see they also offer the vforce 4 block for a bit more than the vf3 petals. Any significant reason to upgrade for on vf3 to vf4?

Back