v force reed in 2001 gas gas 250 xc

Sure, you need the manifold for the '05+ bikes that used VForce OEM. Also, smooth the intake area of the cases where the reeds can contact. Use a fine file with grease to trap filings. Best to do with cylinder removed. I did it on my '03 and thought it was worth the effort.

Sure, you need the manifold for the '05+ bikes that used VForce OEM. Also, smooth the intake area of the cases where the reeds can contact. Use a fine file with grease to trap filings. Best to do with cylinder removed. I did it on my '03 and thought it was worth the effort.

What was the approx. cost to do this when you switched to V-force?

What did you notice in how the bike ran with the V-force reeds?

I did mine back in '03. There was no OEM manifold so I designed and made my own. Cost was basically the VForce and my time, plus some Tig welders time. For you its easy, valve, maniflod, and a little elbow grease. The bike gained low to mid. I had the VForceII at the time with the adjustable reed tension, set to low. That '03 bike was a dog off the bottom and this really helped a lot along with a CDI from my '00 XC250. I suspect the VF3 will help more in the midrange as the fixed reed tension is stiffer. '01 250 should have no low end issues though, '03 had a different CDI with a crap map.

Attachments

• MVC-001X.JPG
    MVC-001X.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 34
Back