Vfrorce reed valve?

blanc

I see the six days comes with a vfrorce reed cage installed stock. My xc did not come with same. What do they actually do verses stock?

VForce has been OEM since '05 on all bikes. Pre '05 used Boyesen RAD Valve. Are you saying you have a new bike with something else?

0049acb4d0b74eb0b2f5ea56a8fef5c5.jpg

This is the external shot of mine. Anyone care to post a shot of theirs?

WTF Looks like something is missing to me. My 11 looks like that but in between the cylinder and the metal thing is a v force reed valve

mikemoto, there is no spacer between his reed block and the cylinder, that is what is missing.
Externally it looks like the Boyesen RAD valve used on my bikes. The outside of the Boyesen and Vforce may look the same (?). But if you remove them you will see the differance.

That looks like a RAD valve, notice its one piece, no separate reed block and manifold. Very odd, did they switch back on some bikes?

So when it comes time to replace my reeds should I use the boysen or is it worth it in performance to spend the extra money on the Vforce reed and cage?

The VForce made a significant difference in low/mid performance on my '03 250. You will need the GG manifold as well as the VForce. Also, you should polish the intake where the upper and lower outboard reeds can make contact. This is easiest with the top end removed. Reed life will suffer if they contact the rough casting. I spoke to a Moto Tassinari engineer, and the reed petal can move as much as 9mm without restriction. The clearance in the '03 cases was approx 5mm on my bike, so you can assume contact.

Ditch the spacer on all but the 300s. '04 250s had them, but IMO they flatten the power.

It does seem a bit odd. From the parts listing the 200, 250 and 300 all use the same reed block and that would be the V Force on the newer bikes like your 2010. All the V Force reed blocks are clearly marked on the side so you would know if it was. Looking at the parts list it looks like you have the 1 piece 125cc reed block where the V Force is a multi part block. The 300's are supposed to have the extra spacer but GG QC really seems lacking. Some 250's with spacers some without (maybe some 300's the same) and then some newer bikes coming with either 36 or 38mm carbs. Kind of crazy. Sure your bike is a 200 and not a 125 LOL???.

There are some other members here with newer 200's so they need to get some pics posted for you or at least check to see if they have the V Force or not.

Not QC on this one, '04 at least saw 250s with factory reed spacers. Also, back in the very old days, then importer GGNA sometimes converted bikes across displacements (250/300) to satisfy an order if neccessary.

Is this 200 a Euro bike? That is for sure a RAD valve or a copy of one(integrated reed block and manifold).

Not QC on this one, '04 at least saw 250s with factory reed spacers. Also, back in the very old days, then importer GGNA sometimes converted bikes across displacements (250/300) to satisfy an order if neccessary.

Is this 200 a Euro bike? That is for sure a RAD valve or a copy of one(integrated reed block and manifold).

My GG history pales to yours Glen LOL. Only been around a few years now with GG but their has been some funky sheet at times with these bikes. Now you want to talk old KTM's or Pentons I'm much better.

His bike is a Euro bike and I think he lives in Ireland or England??

Well I guess anything is possible. Last RAD was in '04, so I doubt the factory found a box of them to use up in '10. Even before that, the WEC guys were doing VForce conversions. Perhaps the importer swapped it. It would be interesting to find out.

That is for sure missing the V-force cage..."but why" is the Question.
contact the rep or dealer to see what's up.

Hate to ask but it does have reeds in it correct? I ask because my intake looks suspiciously like the one on yours only it has a spacer and v-force reed block after. Doubt it would work like that but strange...

The VForce made a significant difference in low/mid performance on my '03 250. You will need the GG manifold as well as the VForce. Also, you should polish the intake where the upper and lower outboard reeds can make contact. This is easiest with the top end removed. Reed life will suffer if they contact the rough casting. I spoke to a Moto Tassinari engineer, and the reed petal can move as much as 9mm without restriction. The clearance in the '03 cases was approx 5mm on my bike, so you can assume contact.

Glenn,

I'm wanting to make sure I do the right thing here, regarding polishing the intake port for VF reeds (on an '05 DE 300.) The post below seems to indicate that polishing is "bad" - but I'm assuming we're not talking about doing a lot of polishing in the intake area, only where the reeds make contact, right? And, since I've never done it - what do you use to polish things up, how is this accomplished?

Thanks, Jeff

Originally Posted by Brian VT
I've never messed with porting/polishing, but I'm under the impression that a rough intake is fine or even desirable ? I think the exhaust is better when smooth ?
Thats correct. You want the intakes to have some texture to help create some turbulance to keep the fuel suspended in the air (I think thats the theory). The polish is for the exhaust to stop the spooge and carbon build up which essentially reduces the port size over time.

In saying this though there are definate gains to be made by cleaning up and large rough areas caused while casting and matching the intakes between the reeds (cases) and cylinder.

Basically you want everything to fit together well, no burs or jagged edges, no casting slop, but not mirror finished.

Back