wattsy..... mortal ????

Imagine how many times he hit the ground, just learning all the fundamentals that he teaches. It's never a matter of IF you hit the ground, but when...

Imagine how many times he hit the ground, just learning all the fundamentals that he teaches. It's never a matter of IF you hit the ground, but when...

if you get a chance to take one of his classes .... it is a great exp.. we did a 2 day class here , everytime i crashed he would tell me exactly what i did wrong...
he has you do a front brake stop, (going forward with the front tire stopped) as far as you can... great drill for a dirt sample..

i never saw him hit the ground once...us on the other hand....

awesome class for sure..he is such a technical rider...really makes you think how the pros ride sooo fast! it rained pretty bad after our first day....he tried to climb part of a hill that looked very gnarly..he didnt make it and tried to bulldog the bike around...the bike and shane both fell to the bottom of the hill...where he sprung up and proclaimed.."now we are at the bottom"..lol
also was amazed at the traction on my trials tire in the mud...

Yep, Wattsy is a great guy. I had one of his first schools at my house in August 2007. He slept on a blow up mattress in my basement, but didn't complain at all. He made one of my toughest hills look like child's play, but I think he was injured because he had Cole Caulkins with him to demonstrate most of the riding techniques.

I went again in 2012 because I heard he changed things up a bit, which he did.

Alright then

Well I feel better about myself after seeing that...Although that probably spanned a year and I do all that on a sunday

The bike he brought to the school I took was ... her-hummm "Well used"

i asked him about bike selection.. he told me he prefered small displacement (200 2 strokes) he was forced on to a 450 exc at our school, it was all we could come up with.. He was also not too hot on the gasser i was on..

he did one drill that i think he did the entire drill with the throttle pinned and controlling speed with the clutch and brake only... the brakes were SCREAMING by the time he quit...

...the throttle pinned and controlling speed with the clutch and brake only... the brakes were SCREAMING by the time he quit...
Seems like many (most?) of the pros. ride that way. I've seen Lafferty's crew changing his brakes at gas availables and gas stops (on the few occasions that I've arrived before he has already been serviced and left :o).

Seems like many (most?) of the pros. ride that way. I've seen Lafferty's crew changing his brakes at gas availables and gas stops (on the few occasions that I've arrived before he has already been serviced and left
nah...just most ktms boil the brakes very easy...i know a couple guys who have to change the fluid every race...or suffer with boiled brakes..

Back