Way high in the cascades

Paul, that was outstanding. Especially since those with the goPro know it makes the trail look easier than it really is. What elevation is that ? I see why the 300 would be the weapon of choice.

Glenn the top is at 7800' The trail we normally climb has almost 6000' of gain in about 8 miles. We normally come down the trail in the video and it has about half the elevation. I think the trip down shows the scale and steepness a little better. I also has some great footage of my brother brake sliding on his KTM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-9FDbfO6qY

That rock was a chuckler. I see you've already killed the new blue front fender :D

Heading out there this wekend with AJM to open up his eyes a bit to mountain riding.

Looks like you and your brother had fun in those trees on the way back down! :)

Think I would have preferred going up rather than coming down that way. :eek:

Paul,

How do you guys deal with jetting fo such a radical elevation change? Just deal with it going rich for the short time at high altitude I guess? What tires do you run up there? Once again outstanding footage, you guys are very lucky to have terrain with such diversity and in such quantity.

I imagine those steep side hill trails take a little getting used too. I did something like that in Kauai around the rim of a canyon, all red clay, but it was nowhere near as long as some of your stuff. The pucker factor was quite high at times.

Jetting? They are Goats, they don't need no jetting! I would be too worried about falling 8000 feet to worry about jetting :) Dudes, wtf are you thinking? Move someplace flat where you don't have to worry about falling off the edge of the world.

I think what you guys do is great and the diversity fantastic. One of my goals is to make it out there and ride some day.

Glen, My jetting never changes. Spot on at sea level and fat of course in the mts. The next two monthes are the best 8 weeks of riding in the PNW. COme on out this time next year and we will show you all sorts of stuff. Our lowland inventory should be expanded by then. I wish I had a bike to loan out.

I think what you guys do is great and the diversity fantastic. One of my goals is to make it out there and ride some day.
Glenn I plan on spending the last week of July (give or take a week) riding in the Colorado mtns from now until I can no longer ride a bike. Anytime you want to hook up with us we could meet in Louisville, KY or St. Louis. This year I went with 2 friends from Kentucky and stayed with a friend in CO. Total time time gone from home was less than 9 days. Spent 5 days riding and one white water rafting. Total money spent was less than $600. The two guys with me said it was the best vacation they had ever had.

Back