Wence 2012 ride impressions...

wence

Bronze Level Site Supporter
Oh my god....:D:D:D

This thing is amazing.
Let me start by saying it has been built PD'd and then filled with fuel and run in.
I have since taken it for a short ride down a local track which I used to use to dial in the suspension.
I started out a little apprehensive as I had had a few beers and was just taking it easy. The bike has not even had the static sag done or the jetting played with yet( sorry Jake??).
I rode the first whooped out section and although the suspension is hard all round it still soaked up near everything. After riding it for a bit I found I was pushing it nearly as much as my very Adjusted and tuned 07 and to be honest it was easily as good in its current form.
Although a little twitchy( due to no adjustment at all), it was not bothered by anything at all.
I filled the bike with my usual 40:1 mix (fresh), and the jetting is a little out down low(pilot) , but only really on idle.
I had a few short race sprints and the thing is an animal compred to the 07 . It just seems to pull harder everywhere.

I have a couple of questions though:

Where do I get a larger idle screw as I am sick of using a screwdriver to adjust it?

What size spanner and wha part of the fork do I adjust to adjust the PFP ?

All in all I am stoked,
Mark

Pics to follow, downloading now.......

I'm not going to copy/paste my replys on two forums :D

Good work Mark! Well impressed and stoked for you! Lucky bugger!

Thanks mate, pics still downloading but I would be interested in your jetting tips for this little baby.
I have not been in the carb ye but will be in there soon.
Cheers Mark

pics

P1050991.jpg

P1050994.jpg

P1050996.jpg

P1050997.jpg

P1060012.jpg

P1060011.jpg

P1060009.jpg

By the way, If anyone in Adelaide is looking for a Gasser like mine or an 11 for that matter give Fluerieu Trading a call, they were absolutely a pleasure to deal with and sorted the bike out great as you can see.
Cheers Mark

What size spanner and wha part of the fork do I adjust to adjust the PFP ?

DSC00143.jpg

The scalloped piece in the center adjusts the PFP - its a little stiff but a 22mm box end will get it. The first one I got came backed all the way out - I've adjusted it one turn in.

Thanks Steve,
I thought that was the case but just wanted to be sure.
By turning in it dampens the whole setup,(makes it less stiff), I assume?
Cheers Mark

Au contraire - turning in the PFP adjuster allows higher pressures to build in the compression chamber, meaning the action is stiffer. Hopefully there are lower rate pressure springs to expand the tuning capabilities for pure woods and rock riding.

Estart has been ok but has skipped afew times already.
What was the fix for that?
Cheers Mark

So it's the same starter with the same issue unless it shimmed/spaced correctly? I thought the 12's had a newer lighter mo-better starter :confused:.

Back