What 7/8 bar clamps are you guys using?

GGRider01

The stock clamps on my 2001 EC 300 are too low. The WP43 forks have two index marks running the diameter of the tube. I'm trying to get to the second index mark but the plastic knob on top is hitting my bars. I measured the thickness of the triple clamp where the bar clamp bolts go through and it is (very roughly) 14mm thick. Most bar clamps I see have a very long collar much longer than this. Ideally, I need no more than a quarter of an inch in rise as I like the bars very low.

I may just settle for the first index mark until I go to 1 1/8 and even then, I wonder which clamps I would use.

For now, this will be better than having the top of the tube flush with the triple clamp like it was when I got it. :confused:

this is from memory from a long time ago, but I think I ran into the same issue with my 01... saw a buds bike that had a spacer under the clamp that was about a 1/4 thick, he said they had been on there forever..

I think I called gofasters at the time and they were still available, but I just cant remember for sure...

Yes my 03 has two spacers under both clamps equaling about 1/4 inch I don't know why you could not just go to the hardware store and get some washers.

Thanks for the ideas. Raised the bars about an 1/8 inch and got the forks up about a 1/4 inch. When the chain and sprocket show up we'll see how she turns now.

Back