what is your fuel trim set at?

I own a 03 and 04 450, and have access to a 07 450.
The 03 and 04, I run at +38 to +42. This is seat of the pants and plug tuning. I can tell a difference in the way the 04 starts if I move out of that range. Some say the trim dosen't effect the starting, maybe on paper, but in real life it makes a difference.

The 07 I still don't know, it showed up -60, and didn't start very easy, and seemed to be under powered. I trimed it up to 0, and it starts much better, and it has nice snap. I have the Technoresearch software.

thats interesting. I just got a new to me 05 450. I'm not having any start problems, however I'm getting a bog in my low to mid rpm range. The yellow blue wire is disconnected. I want to get the software to see where I'm at with fuel trim as compared to others.

Most of the 05's i dealt with i set in the 40-45 range. I have yet to check my 07.

My '05 has it trim set to 16. Starts fine. I did once increase the trim to 29 to have i run a little cooler when idling. Seemed fine to ride at first, but after 30 minutes of riding it bogged down totally, and was very hard to start. It went back to 16 again. I seem to remember someone here stating that there is no 'ballpark' number for trim, it is all individual to each bike.

My 06 is at +30

By the way, which way does the bypass work, i.e. is clockwise leaner or richer?
Interesting question.......As there is no fuel available upstream of the throttle body it must control an airway so I would assume clockwise restricts the airway making it richer (less air)?

just checked my 07 FSR450, found it was set at -10 and has always taken 2-3 attempts to start when hot, I adjusted to +16 and now starts cold and hot instantly, will take it on single track this weekend to see if i will keep this setting.

Hey guys,

What are you talking about exactly?
Setting the injection richer and leaner or something?
How do you do that and how can you see what the setting is?

Thomas

Hey guys,

What are you talking about exactly?
Setting the injection richer and leaner or something?
How do you do that and how can you see what the setting is?

Thomas

You need some electronic gizmo. Technoresearch do a cheap one. Not that cheap unfortunately but affordable for the home enthusiast unlike the professional stuff which can be many thousands. I just know the setting my dealer set it at.

Back