Why You Should Not Buy a Shiny Chinese Radiator

I sent my radiators to Mylers to be rebuilt and painted. I got them back yesterday. Previously, I had thought about buying some Chinese made radiators off an auction site. After, I saw this video today, I am glad that I sent them to Mylers. Skip to minute, 5.01. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99qTiPbpEn0

Thanks for the info.

....and if somebody is in need of a set of Rads I have a set for sale from an 09' 200.....and I really want to get rid of them!

I bought a set once, got them, mounted them up and one leaked worst the the smashed one I had replaced. had to have it welded before I even got a chance to use them.

I bought a set once, got them, mounted them up and one leaked worst the the smashed one I had replaced. had to have it welded before I even got a chance to use them.

OK, so I guess it's safe to say that we should STAY AWAY from their $30 rotors that they sale ?

I sent my radiators to Mylers to be rebuilt and painted. I got them back yesterday. Previously, I had thought about buying some Chinese made radiators off an auction site. After, I saw this video today, I am glad that I sent them to Mylers. Skip to minute, 5.01. Enjoy.

I mounted a pair of Chinese radiators on my '05 300 and they have performed well, less than $100, larger volume, and have survived multiple drops. Right hand side looks like a potato chip and still no leaks...

I'm running a $30 wu-tang front rotor for the last 4 years and still going strong.

I think it's good to go to a usa company like mylers.. but I know that some chinese radiator companies are usa companies but source from china. The problems on the vid might no be related the same way. I bought a set for my honda and ended up selling my honda befor putting them on.. but they looked nice and looked quality..I think there are companies like winners and GPI with chinese radiators.. I've heard rumours of fitment issues but not seen any so far.

I have a set on my bike and have had no issues, i would actually say they are better than OEM, but i used reviews on this forum to stick to GG forum approved brands

I have a set on my bike and have had no issues, i would actually say they are better than OEM, but i used reviews on this forum to stick to GG forum approved brands

That is great that you haven't had issues. I saw that Moose was selling radiators and does anyone if the Moose radiators are made in China?

I bought a set of oversize rads for my XR650r. Although they were bought in Europe I am pretty certain that they were made in China - the ?50 for the pair price is a bit of a clue.

I had them on the bike for over 2 years and at least 10k miles without any issues. In that time the bike was dropped, slid down the track and turned upside down more times than I care to remember; I know because the XR is a pig to restart after it has been on its side. This also included a 3000 mile round trip over 10 days which included 1000 miles of FIM rally-raid.

Maybe i got lucky, but not everything that comes from China is rubbish. A few decades ago people used to sneer at Japanese bikes and look what happened there.

I bought a set of oversize rads for my XR650r. Although they were bought in Europe I am pretty certain that they were made in China - the ?50 for the pair price is a bit of a clue.

I had them on the bike for over 2 years and at least 10k miles without any issues. In that time the bike was dropped, slid down the track and turned upside down more times than I care to remember; I know because the XR is a pig to restart after it has been on its side. This also included a 3000 mile round trip over 10 days which included 1000 miles of FIM rally-raid.

Maybe i got lucky, but not everything that comes from China is rubbish. A few decades ago people used to sneer at Japanese bikes and look what happened there.

A lot of people say that their Chinese rads and other parts are quality made and reliable. Yes, people use to joke about Japanese products too. When I very young I was standing in a Ford mechanic's shop, I noticed a picture of a Toyota Corolla on the wall with an inscription on the bottom of the photo. The inscription read "Toyota, from the people that brought you Pearl Harbor."
I had a 78 Toyota Corolla in college that I bought for $500.00 dollars. It was the toughest car that I ever owned, you just could not stop it.

Back