Wildwood Extreme Enduro - Australia

Keg

This weekend is the running of the first Wildwood Extreme enduro. It is actually a Cross Country format of 3 hours over a 19klm course.

There will be only 60-80 entries as I think most people have been a bit scared off by the terrain.

GasGasGus and myself are having a crack at it and hope to be able to get around. I went out there last night and with only a slight bit of rain, it was very very tough. Sorry I havent got any photos of the gullies and riverbeds but I was too busy holding on.

Wish us luck. It is $10,000 for the win, but us old clubman riders will just be happy to finish.

Attachments

• Picture 045.jpg
    Picture 045.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Picture 050.jpg
    Picture 050.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Picture 058.jpg
    Picture 058.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 40
  • double.jpg
    double.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 35
  • tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 36
That third picture is going to be a tuff one, they've put the ground upside down!

Hey, it's all like that down here in the southern hemisphere. We all have helium filled tyres to keep us pushing upward into the ground!

I feel sorry for the guy that drowned his gasgas in front of the crowd in the big hole 20 yards from the finish on the last lap and could not get it started.

Because that was me!!!!

I walked across the line with my transponder in hand. It is not legal but they put me down as a finisher. Crank is already out for the rebuild.

Back