winter trelleborging in calgary canada!!

Thanks guys, when it actually warms up here riding in the snow is a friggin riot"not too deep though:) it's nice not to have to watch the season end just because of the snow!

sweet vid GGQC, we all love riding in the snow up here even when it gets a little trecherous. i dont know if you watched one of the other videos on there called winter hill climbing fun but it was badddd. the hill wasnt even that hard and i got luck on the first try but my buddies werent so lucky(spent 1/2 hour trying to get up) snow is almost gone here now so this might be the last weekend or 2 with the trelles!

Yup I'm finally getting use to them. it was warm out and I had alot of water melting on them so they actually are better than that most times. I used the steady function on YouTube and then changed it back to normal because it almost looks fake with steady shot on

It's a long ways before. Do you know were the transalta hwy road is? It's a turnoff that's just off of the pavement about 5 minutes after you hit the gravel road. We park at the bridge then ride up the hill and then jump onto the single track along the west face that runs along the river bed.

Niceone Trev! Never seen snow since I was about 5 years old, let alone ride in it. Even then it was a once off. I bet it would be well cold! Whats it like to ride? Mud?

its actually a mix of everything to be honest. the faster you go the easier the bike tracks,if you ride slow the bike gets really squirrelly. in deep snow(over 10") its alot like an mx track with trees in the way, you get in a rut from the guy infront of you and try your best to ride the rut. logs are alot easier especially off camber, as long as you carry some speed the trelleborgs grab the log and stick like glue. its awesome training for the summer because its such a mix of slick, dry and rutted riding i find my balance is unreal when i get to rubber and dry weather! trust me if i had the option of riding your dry(and wet)terrain year round id much prefer that:)

It's a long ways before. Do you know were the transalta hwy road is? It's a turnoff that's just off of the pavement about 5 minutes after you hit the gravel road. We park at the bridge then ride up the hill and then jump onto the single track along the west face that runs along the river bed.

Yes transalta hwy...I think thats the left hander off the trunk road.....west right ?

I remember riding that part before.....

Back