'03-'06 vs '07-'11 expansion chambers

SS109

Slowly healing up since my nasty crash so starting to look in to fixing my bike. One of the things that need replaced is the expansion chamber. The head pipe on it is crushed and bent rearward. I don't think it's salvageable so I plan on replacing it.

That said, I have an earlier '03-'06 expansion chamber that is in perfect shape but won't bolt up due to the mounts being different. Is that the only difference between it and the '07-'11 pipe? If so, I can just move or weld on new mounts.

Trying to do this on the cheap as money is tight. I've been out of work almost two months now and I have no clue when I'll be released by the docs and my next follow up isn't until June 17.

I fit up the later 07 on chamber to my old '04 if I remember correctly I had to extend the muffler pipe to make it fully seat. I modded the mounting points to suit. The general shape of the pipe is the same.

Thanks.

Was figuring someone had direct knowledge of these particular pipes considering how many have been long time GG riders. Oh well, guess I'll just have to get out the welder and make it work.

Back